Power button needs to be pressed multiple times to turn on 950's display

bellyer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
After having a fairly decent experience getting myself up and running on a 950 Dual SIM coming from a 920, I made the decision to upgrade my wife's dying 920 to a 950. She has had a few issues in the week that she has been using it, but we have worked through them all and gotten to a point where she is actually happy with the 950... until today that is. She is now facing an issue where it takes 4-5 presses of the power button to actually turn on the display and even after about that number of presses, the display does not turn on until maybe 10-20 seconds after she stops pressing the power button.

Has anyone else seen an issue like this and, if so, do you know how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance!

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed this on occasion. It seems to me that at times there is a lag, so you are really turning it on and off with multiple presses.

msft-lumia-950

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I do have same sort of issue with Lumia 950
When I press power button to unlock the phone the screen wont responds. The display remains off. After pressing the power button twice the phone becomes active for unlocking.

This issue happens randomly. Like in a day I might encounter 5 to 10 times. And it depends on usage. Surely its not continuous ..

Can anyone guide me in this regard. Its the defect with device ?

Thanks in advance.

msft-lumia-950

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I have done soft reset, hard reset and also complete reset using "Windows Device Recovery Tool"
Updated to latest version which is "10.0.10586.164". Firmware updates are also update to date.\

Still no luck. :-(

YogeshChoure

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I do have same sort of issue with Lumia 950
When I press power button to unlock the phone the screen wont responds. The display remains off. After pressing the power button twice the phone becomes active for unlocking.

This issue happens randomly. Like in a day I might encounter 5 to 10 times. And it depends on usage. Surely its not continuous ..

Can anyone guide me in this regard. Its the defect with device ?

Thanks in advance.
I'm also facing same issue with my 950..

Kydix

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Same here but rarely !

The screen is off but i see the IR led turn on. I wait few second, retry and the screen goes on

Anks8000

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I am also facing the same issue. On pressing the power button multiple times, the glance screen turns off and on. On performing a soft reset, the issue seems to be resolved, but then after some days, it starts doing the same thing. It is very random and not very frequent.
I tried to switch off glance screen also, but that too doesn't help. Is this been reported in the feedback hub? Not sure if this is specific to 950.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I am also facing the same issue. On pressing the power button multiple times, the glance screen turns off and on. On performing a soft reset, the issue seems to be resolved, but then after some days, it starts doing the same thing. It is very random and not very frequent.
I tried to switch off glance screen also, but that too doesn't help. Is this been reported in the feedback hub? Not sure if this is specific to 950.

I'm having the same issue, except on my 950 XL.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Same issue, BUT i have Windows hello turned on, and when the screen doesn't show, the red LED still turns on, so I just position it to see my eyes and it unlocks and comes back up. The I just reset the phone and am good for a few weeks.

sri kamal

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same issue. It happens very frequently. I turned off the glance screen but no use tried hard and soft reset also. But firstly after seeing this post I am happy because its not specific to my hardware. So is that some thing like if we turn on glance screen it will not happen???

ninwiito

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issues that everybody else is having. I'm sorry but this phone is trash. I should have just stuck with my 920.

cabbonizio

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have this same issue although with another twist. When the screen finally comes back on after multiple presses of the power button, my screen seems to be very dim as if the brightness was turned low. I try to adjust the brightness after this and I can never get it back to the way it was. I have to restart the phone and all back to normal. The screen is so dim I can barely see anything very strange and I have not been able to find a pattern for this.
I cannot explain how frustrating this is being in a situation where I have to dial into work conference, call my sons daycare, family and I literally can't get my screen to turn on. When it does, it's awfully dimmed. I am really looking forward to the firmware update for US ATT, which we're all still patiently waiting for but not sure if this will make a difference. I can't think of a worse bug I have had to deal with as long as I have owned a smartphone.

B Hammer

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here. Tried all the same fixes as everyone else. Glance screen is off; disabled Windows Hello too. Nothing works.

At least I'm not the only one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077