05-30-2017 11:25 AM
51 123
tools
    After having a fairly decent experience getting myself up and running on a 950 Dual SIM coming from a 920, I made the decision to upgrade my wife's dying 920 to a 950. She has had a few issues in the week that she has been using it, but we have worked through them all and gotten to a point where she is actually happy with the 950... until today that is. She is now facing an issue where it takes 4-5 presses of the power button to actually turn on the display and even after about that number of presses, the display does not turn on until maybe 10-20 seconds after she stops pressing the power button.

Has anyone else seen an issue like this and, if so, do you know how to resolve it?

Thanks in advance!
    TheChazas likes this.
    03-04-2016 02:43 PM
    Yeah, indeed, that sometimes happen to me too, but very rarely, have to press few times to wake the phone.
    libra89 and BLKahuna like this.
    03-04-2016 02:48 PM
    I've noticed this on occasion. It seems to me that at times there is a lag, so you are really turning it on and off with multiple presses.
    libra89 and randyoaks187 like this.
    03-04-2016 06:02 PM
    Happens 'occasionally' in my L 950 dual-sim variant too!
    zei20t likes this.
    03-04-2016 06:54 PM
    Hi,
    I do have same sort of issue with Lumia 950
    When I press power button to unlock the phone the screen wont responds. The display remains off. After pressing the power button twice the phone becomes active for unlocking.

This issue happens randomly. Like in a day I might encounter 5 to 10 times. And it depends on usage. Surely its not continuous ..

Can anyone guide me in this regard. Its the defect with device ?

Thanks in advance.
    03-20-2016 05:55 AM
    I have done soft reset, hard reset and also complete reset using "Windows Device Recovery Tool"
    Updated to latest version which is "10.0.10586.164". Firmware updates are also update to date.\

Still no luck. :-(
    03-20-2016 06:01 AM
    Hi,
    I do have same sort of issue with Lumia 950
    When I press power button to unlock the phone the screen wont responds. The display remains off. After pressing the power button twice the phone becomes active for unlocking.

This issue happens randomly. Like in a day I might encounter 5 to 10 times. And it depends on usage. Surely its not continuous ..

Can anyone guide me in this regard. Its the defect with device ?

Thanks in advance.
    I'm also facing same issue with my 950..
    08-13-2016 11:35 AM
    Turn OFF the Glance screen..n It's working smoothly
    08-13-2016 02:15 PM
    Same here but rarely !

The screen is off but i see the IR led turn on. I wait few second, retry and the screen goes on
    libra89 likes this.
    08-14-2016 10:59 AM
    I am also facing the same issue. On pressing the power button multiple times, the glance screen turns off and on. On performing a soft reset, the issue seems to be resolved, but then after some days, it starts doing the same thing. It is very random and not very frequent.
    I tried to switch off glance screen also, but that too doesn't help. Is this been reported in the feedback hub? Not sure if this is specific to 950.
    08-17-2016 09:28 AM
    I have the same issue but it only happens when the glance screen is off.
    08-20-2016 07:41 AM
    I am also facing the same issue. On pressing the power button multiple times, the glance screen turns off and on. On performing a soft reset, the issue seems to be resolved, but then after some days, it starts doing the same thing. It is very random and not very frequent.
    I tried to switch off glance screen also, but that too doesn't help. Is this been reported in the feedback hub? Not sure if this is specific to 950.
    I'm having the same issue, except on my 950 XL.
    08-20-2016 08:41 AM
    +1
    Having same issue on 950xl .
    It seems like its a sort of lag.
    08-20-2016 08:50 AM
    Same issue, BUT i have Windows hello turned on, and when the screen doesn't show, the red LED still turns on, so I just position it to see my eyes and it unlocks and comes back up. The I just reset the phone and am good for a few weeks.
    08-20-2016 01:58 PM
    I have the exact same issue. It happens very frequently. I turned off the glance screen but no use tried hard and soft reset also. But firstly after seeing this post I am happy because its not specific to my hardware. So is that some thing like if we turn on glance screen it will not happen???
    libra89 likes this.
    08-22-2016 12:54 AM
    I'm going to return my 950 and see if a new one will have the same problem.
    08-25-2016 08:12 AM
    I am having the same issues that everybody else is having. I'm sorry but this phone is trash. I should have just stuck with my 920.
    08-29-2016 08:36 PM
    Anyone tried the old shim trick?

08-29-2016 10:33 PM
    I have this same issue although with another twist. When the screen finally comes back on after multiple presses of the power button, my screen seems to be very dim as if the brightness was turned low. I try to adjust the brightness after this and I can never get it back to the way it was. I have to restart the phone and all back to normal. The screen is so dim I can barely see anything very strange and I have not been able to find a pattern for this.
    I cannot explain how frustrating this is being in a situation where I have to dial into work conference, call my sons daycare, family and I literally can't get my screen to turn on. When it does, it's awfully dimmed. I am really looking forward to the firmware update for US ATT, which we're all still patiently waiting for but not sure if this will make a difference. I can't think of a worse bug I have had to deal with as long as I have owned a smartphone.
    08-30-2016 07:54 AM
    Same problem here. Tried all the same fixes as everyone else. Glance screen is off; disabled Windows Hello too. Nothing works.

At least I'm not the only one.
    08-30-2016 11:40 PM
    I've had the problem as well, but it disappeared after the AU.
    08-31-2016 04:07 AM
    Originally posted by cabbonizio
    I have this same issue although with another twist. When the screen finally comes back on after multiple presses of the power button, my screen seems to be very dim as if the brightness was turned low. I try to adjust the brightness after this and I can never get it back to the way it was. I have to restart the phone and all back to normal. The screen is so dim I can barely see anything very strange and I have not been able to find a pattern for this.
    I cannot explain how frustrating this is being in a situation where I have to dial into work conference, call my sons daycare, family and I literally can't get my screen to turn on. When it does, it's awfully dimmed. I am really looking forward to the firmware update for US ATT, which we're all still patiently waiting for but not sure if this will make a difference. I can't think of a worse bug I have had to deal with as long as I have owned a smartphone.
    Happens to me but rarely, say 2-3 times over last 30 days. Screen comes back up fine after shut down /repower. Hopefully this behavior is flagged for a look by engineers, as well as the power button issue.
    08-31-2016 07:07 AM
    Yeah in terms of frequency it doesn't happen that often, but always when I really really need the phone to work, not when I'm being lazy and browsing the web for killing time....LOL. Good to know we have a thread for this and hopefully it has visibility to get this resolved.
    Michael Bromley likes this.
    08-31-2016 09:00 AM
    I noticed that after I use Groove for awhile is when I get the problem with the screen. If I do a restart and don't use groove I don't have a problem.
    09-02-2016 06:11 PM
    Added in feedback please up vote. Search with Lock button not working in feedback hub
    09-08-2016 12:38 AM
51 123