Is it possible to sync my Lumia 950 with iMac as it does not seem to be compatible?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

is it possible to sync my lumia 950 with imac as it does not seem to be capatible

Trying to sync lumia 950 with mac. when i connect phone to mac it shows up as lumia 950 but says not connected. i have downloaded the windows phone software but can not install because phone wont connect? any help would be much appreciated

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: is it possible to sync my lumia 950 with imac as it does not seem to be capatible

The last I heard about the Mac Sync client for Windows Phone was that it had been updated for Windows Phone 8.1 phones. To my knowledge, it hasn't been updated for Windows 10 Mobile as of yet. That was version 3.1 of the Mac Sync client. What version do you have of the sync client?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: is it possible to sync my lumia 950 with imac as it does not seem to be capatible

Are you on el Capitan? If so, you have to hack in support. A Usb driver needs to be swapped out in the sync app on osx, but I don't remember the exact ones (I did post a link a while back, but not on my pc to find it)

Alexander Long

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
interesting, since almost all other Windows phone owner don't like Mac or Apple. so it would be very few people like you actually use windows mobile as well as a Mac.
anyway, you can just use SD card reader to do sync, or use wifi to connect, there are apps for wifi sync on windows store. all you need to do is download the app, open it up, and open browser on your Mac or any computer to browse your file from your phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss