950 battery is pretty bad, thought that with a piece of hardware built for W10M would be way better but I still see the battery draining quite fast.
    03-14-2016 01:08 PM
    You could try turning off Hey Cortana! and Iris Recog. Also disallow whatsapp from staying in the background, a serious battery hog. Some apps may stay in background, please disallow apps from staying in background using battery saver.
    03-14-2016 01:33 PM
    You could try turning off Hey Cortana! and Iris Recog. Also disallow whatsapp from staying in the background, a serious battery hog. Some apps may stay in background, please disallow apps from staying in background using battery saver.
    What is the use of a smart phone today if we even need to disable Whatsapp?

Maybe we should first try to understand if the OP's battery life is worse than normal.

How long does it take before you need to recharge and what do you do during this time (gaming, browsing, twitter etc)?

Did you do all the updates? Updates helped a lot battery wise from what I understand.

Did you migrated your old information from your old phone? Some people reported battery drain when they not started a clean state at the beginning. You can fix it by hard resetting.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    03-14-2016 02:24 PM
    agreed why would I have a Smart phone if I disabled everything... I had a 925 before and did a restore of what I had before I'm currently running 10.0.14283.1000 and use it for email, whatsapp, facebook, edge and things like that... I have to charge it every night mid to late afternoon if I used it too much.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    03-14-2016 06:16 PM
    Disabling everything makes a smart phone not...smart. Good luck with the battery situation.
    03-14-2016 06:18 PM
    950 battery is pretty bad, thought that with a piece of hardware built for W10M would be way better but I still see the battery draining quite fast.
    If you have the AT&T L950 as I do, where the carrier chooses to not release any firmware updates, then that could be a big reason.
    03-14-2016 07:16 PM
    If you have the AT&T L950 as I do, where the carrier chooses to not release any firmware updates, then that could be a big reason.
    It is an unlocked phone and have the latest and greatest versions...
    03-15-2016 11:12 AM
    What is the use of a smart phone today if we even need to disable Whatsapp?

Maybe we should first try to understand if the OP's battery life is worse than normal.

How long does it take before you need to recharge and what do you do during this time (gaming, browsing, twitter etc)?

Did you do all the updates? Updates helped a lot battery wise from what I understand.

Did you migrated your old information from your old phone? Some people reported battery drain when they not started a clean state at the beginning. You can fix it by hard resetting.
    agreed why would I have a Smart phone if I disabled everything... I had a 925 before and did a restore of what I had before I'm currently running 10.0.14283.1000 and use it for email, whatsapp, facebook, edge and things like that... I have to charge it every night mid to late afternoon if I used it too much.
    Yes I agree with you. Sorry, I forgot to add "Disable these apps to see if it improves that battery life" this. Latest version of Whatsapp has true/partial multi-task capabilities, that is if you back hit back button, it will automatically go to background thus disobeying battery saver app completely, you can observe this.
    03-15-2016 11:55 AM
    I just did a Hard Reset on the phone yesterday and logged off of Skype Video, not very hopeful from what I've seen in the last 24hours, but will wait a bit and report on my findings
    03-16-2016 11:10 AM