Here's a frustrating story that I hope someone can help me with. Last week I FINALLY requested a replacement L950 from At&T after my phone has been having restarts, broken 4k video playback (stripe issue), and wooshing and clicking in audio when playing back all video since i bought it on release day. Today I get my new phone, boot it up, set it up, take a video, and the stripe and audio problem persists. I go online to write this forum post and of course I find out that At&T released new firmware. Terrible timing on my part. Either way, I download it on my old phone. Now the stripe issue is gone (except it still exists on the edge of the frame where the navigation bar is) but the audio issue is still there. Essentially, every time I move the phone or brush up against it it sounds like a rock got thrown at the mic or like there was a short gust of wind. Does anyone have a solution for this!? It makes recording video worthless because the audio is so easily perturbed.

Let me know!
    03-17-2016 09:08 PM
    Here's a frustrating story that I hope someone can help me with. Last week I FINALLY requested a replacement L950 from At&T after my phone has been having restarts, broken 4k video playback (stripe issue), and wooshing and clicking in audio when playing back all video since i bought it on release day. Today I get my new phone, boot it up, set it up, take a video, and the stripe and audio problem persists. I go online to write this forum post and of course I find out that At&T released new firmware. Terrible timing on my part. Either way, I download it on my old phone. Now the stripe issue is gone (except it still exists on the edge of the frame where the navigation bar is) but the audio issue is still there. Essentially, every time I move the phone or brush up against it it sounds like a rock got thrown at the mic or like there was a short gust of wind. Does anyone have a solution for this!? It makes recording video worthless because the audio is so easily perturbed.

Let me know!
    Mine does that too, side effect of the thin plastic case I think. I was considering getting one of those rubber covers to stop it. If I move my hand even the slightest bit while recording video it sounds like a hurricane. I was also looking at getting the rubberized Mozo case, but only if that would stop the issue.

Edit: something like this if I ever get around to it
    Amazon.com: Microsoft Lumia 950 Case, Monoy Nature 0.6mm Slim Crystal Clear TPU Soft Case Shell for Microsoft Lumia 950 (White TPU Case): Electronics
    03-17-2016 09:13 PM
    Eh i doubt its designed that way
    03-17-2016 10:22 PM
    Can anyone else comment on having/not having horrible noise on the video if you move your hand at all? Just record a video and drag a finger across the top edge of the chassis, or shift your grip slightly.
    03-19-2016 10:12 AM
    Well, considering mic placement on the back (2 of them) hand placement will be a bit tough.

You could always try a phone tripod mount, or a selfie stick (yuck), that way your hands aren't on the 950's body.
    03-19-2016 11:54 AM
    Anyone else have this issue? If it's a part of the design that's absurd. You can't shoot a video with a silent environment.
    03-22-2016 08:01 PM