Two updates in two days?

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Running a 950 on AT&T, standard OS. Yesterday I had an update that took me to 10.0.10586.164. I just checked and another update was ready to install. No difference to the OS, but I didn't check the FW yesterday after the update, today it's 01078.00038.16025.39033. Anyone else get two updates in rapid succession recently?

VineRider

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, two updates, one for the OS and another for the firmware. I'm still having issues with random reboots on the new firmware however.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
the update to 10.0.10586.164 was probably just pending since it went out within the last 2 weeks (my days all blur together lately, so no clue on the exact day) and the firmware went out a couple of days ago. you just happened to get them at the same time.

MindtakerWP

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
BqkFRha.png

anachrotech

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
All was golden when my phone (ATT) was on .29. After one update (can't remember number, 107?) I lost email notifications and it messed up sync with my car. After the last two updates .164 and the firmware 39033, notifications for email still doesn't work. I also , post updates, deleted and re-added the phone in sync but I haven't had the opportunity to observe if its still broke.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
All was golden when my phone (ATT) was on .29. After one update (can't remember number, 107?) I lost email notifications and it messed up sync with my car. After the last two updates .164 and the firmware 39033, notifications for email still doesn't work. I also , post updates, deleted and re-added the phone in sync but I haven't had the opportunity to observe if its still broke.

same update locked email notifications for 1 account to the default tone. changing it and removing/re-adding the account didn't help. car mode also stays on after the phone no longer sees the car....

Pretty sure a hard reset would fix it, but not in the mood to try right now.

anachrotech

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
same update locked email notifications for 1 account to the default tone. changing it and removing/re-adding the account didn't help. car mode also stays on after the phone no longer sees the car....

Pretty sure a hard reset would fix it, but not in the mood to try right now.

Went the hard reset route and it still isn't working. I'll get notified of texts with sync, but I have to push buttons to listen etc. Kind of defeats the purpose of 'hands-free'. I may go back to my HTC 8.1 as this phone now is not working any better than that.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Hard reset your phone. Usually solves reboots.

I hate that though. Not every user will go to a forum or find out that's what needs to be done. It shouldn't have to be done. MS needs to figure out how to install things and then check integrity of system and recommend a reset if integrity fails.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The updates have improved my phone dramatically, and without needing a hard reset. Everything runs smoother and seems more stable. The phone finally works properly with my Band as well.

I'm really hoping it stays this way.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I hate that though. Not every user will go to a forum or find out that's what needs to be done. It shouldn't have to be done. MS needs to figure out how to install things and then check integrity of system and recommend a reset if integrity fails.

I'm with you Poopy - it's annoying. I usually hard-reset my phone after every major update or firmware update, or if my phone starts behaving abnormally. Wish I didn't have to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786