Battery going quick, Hot screen / device - After firmware and latest insider fast ring

Chuck Foltz

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
So I upgraded from base phone model for months up through to the current fast ring with the Firmware update installed. Since the firmware and OS both updated at the same time I'm not sure where the issue is. My battery lasts about 4 hours max with light usage. When I got to battery usage I see an app called START using most of the battery. So I think its maybe my icons etc. I have maybe 10 icons on the start screen and about 3 of them have notifications. The phone is running HOT so I'm guessing something is eating or hammering the CPU. The phone is lagging quiet a bit for text inputs etc. I will be factory resetting from the OS and re setting up my phone. We will see if this helps. I haven't seen any posts about battery and start usage recently so... If anyone else noticed this chime in.

Also I noticed that the start icons do not update all the time. When I load email I see like 15 emails but no count on the icon. I know they recently changed the way they refresh so maybe this is the issue.

Trying to tough it out till next update of course.

J H4

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
So I upgraded from base phone model for months up through to the current fast ring with the Firmware update installed. Since the firmware and OS both updated at the same time I'm not sure where the issue is. My battery lasts about 4 hours max with light usage. When I got to battery usage I see an app called START using most of the battery. So I think its maybe my icons etc. I have maybe 10 icons on the start screen and about 3 of them have notifications. The phone is running HOT so I'm guessing something is eating or hammering the CPU. The phone is lagging quiet a bit for text inputs etc. I will be factory resetting from the OS and re setting up my phone. We will see if this helps. I haven't seen any posts about battery and start usage recently so... If anyone else noticed this chime in.

Also I noticed that the start icons do not update all the time. When I load email I see like 15 emails but no count on the icon. I know they recently changed the way they refresh so maybe this is the issue.

Trying to tough it out till next update of course.

Factory reset - I HAVE to do this every update. Painful, but it works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte