Looking for a Windows 10 mobile App!

Price83

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Hello,
New to the forum and was wondering if I could get some help? I came from an android to Windows 10 and can not find a similar app that I had on my android. I'm looking for a file locker/photo locker that does not grant internet permissions. It seems every app on Windows 10 requires the user to give internet/data/or network permissions for an encryption app. Call me paranoid but this should not be the case and wasn't with android. Can anyone recommend an app that encrypts files images to my SD card without the use of clouds or internet?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It is amazing that no such app exists, but they do all require internet access and like you, I'd never trust that. Part of me wants to write one now. Did the Android one enable the data to be backed up (somehow manually) or was it in the phone only?

Price83

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
It was phone only which does have its own faults. If I was going to reset the phone or switch devices I would have to move the files back into an unencrypted folder on my SD card...install the app on my new device...and then re-encrypt. If you didn't do this the information would be lost on the SD Card. The nice thing was I could use my SD card and even if the phone was lost or stolen the files I had on the card couldn't be read. It was a great app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon