Since the latest update my phone started locking up 3 times a day...

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I've got the ATT firmware update from several weeks ago and the phones been pretty decent until the last week. It's unmanageable. And this particular site seems to not have much in the way of an overseer as Malwarebytes comes up and warns me about a malicious site. I quickly bailed and am using MTalk. I don't t think I've ever been on such a bad forum site in my life and I'm a forum guy.

Is Microsoft about to fix this phone or are any of you really thinking about giving up? Camera has gotten better but the more basic needs have really become unstable.

Mallguvner..

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Malwarebytes? Is that an app you installed on your phone?

No.. Just a highly acclaimed malware detection software that when I use a normal PC to try and visit this site more often than not I get a malware warning. Whoever is running this site and allowing advertisers to put whatever they want here including malware apparently amazes me at what he allows in the name of selling advertising. Once again I took a quick look on here and saw your response. I couldn't even type a letter, (as usual) with the Edge browser. I had to go open Mtalk just to respond to your question. This site sucks. At least I didn't trip any malware alerts this time.

Mtalk does work really well and does remove all the ads here. It's a Windows app for at least your PC.

Mallguvner...

Sent from mTalk

cristixxxlog

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I think you have some problems with your PC or just with Malwarebites (which I think is something that it is absolutely not nedded on a windows 10 pc).

However:
1. Use any other browser on your PC that has adblock. You can have Chrome, Firefox, Opera (Opera developer has built-in adblocker) or the newest Vivaldi browser. All have adblockers. Problem solved.
2. On my Lumia 950 I do not have any problem with this site in Edge. And I browse it many times/day. The 950 doesn't have any virus/malware/whatever protection (and it doesn't need it, seriously). In 5 years on Android, never caught any virus/malware and never used any protection. Ever. My win 10 laptop and my win 10 2-in-1 tablet have no problems with this site nor caught any virus/malware since july 2015 when win 10 became available. I browse with all available browsers on PC (I'm a web developer and I need them all for cross-browsing compat.) that support adblockers. So no Edge for now, untill adblock plus is available.

Please note that I browse this site including at work, where I have no problem, the IT dep doesn't have any problem, nor the anti-virus that is installed (win 7).

There is nothing wrong with this site, nor with the 950 in this regard. Oh yes, this site works bad in Edge on the lumia 950 because of that many ads, but no other problem. Something else is wrong with your PC.

My personal opinion and experience: stop using s****t like malwarebites or whatever. Windows 10 defender up-to-date alone has no problem handling security.

Mallguvner

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I do HVAC work for a large division of CSI (computer leasing company) and they work on computers all day and seem to like Malwarebytes just fine. I think if you look on the web and get some reviews you'll see that MS is kind of at the bottom of the list in many way. Here's PC Mags review. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 Review & Rating | PCMag.com

On the rest of it I'll try some other things/browsers. MTalk does work just fine. As a matter of fact at the moment I can actually type on here which is totally new for my Windows 10 using Edge so maybe someone noticed my comment and took the bull by the horn. I haven't done a thing to my computer so being able to answer your comment and type fast at the same time is definitely new to me on this forum.

You did contradict yourself saying it worked fine with the Lumia and then admitting it didn't with all the ads. Which way is it?

Will give the other browsers a spin with the adblock but it sure seems ridiculous to be the owner of a site and purposely force users to have to block ads that people are paying for in good faith killing the advertisers and the users with the same shot. I have a totally different set of forums not related to phones a bit and I made the decision a long time ago to keep it simple. No Google and no problem ads. If you can't write a .gif file under a certain size or have me do it for you, you needed to advertise somewhere else. It's worked out for me. Defend the system here all you want.

MallGuvner

cristixxxlog

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I think I clearly said: on my 950 I use Edge and works fine regarding malwares and viruses. Also there is no other windows 10 mobile browser decent enough yet.
On the PC I do not use Edge because there is no adblock yet.

Hope is clearer now. No contradictions whatsoever...

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I've got the ATT firmware update from several weeks ago and the phones been pretty decent until the last week. It's unmanageable. And this particular site seems to not have much in the way of an overseer as Malwarebytes comes up and warns me about a malicious site. I quickly bailed and am using MTalk. I don't t think I've ever been on such a bad forum site in my life and I'm a forum guy.

Is Microsoft about to fix this phone or are any of you really thinking about giving up? Camera has gotten better but the more basic needs have really become unstable.

Mallguvner..

I've seen Malwarbytes pop a warning on this site once, announcing that it has blocked a malicious ad. Yes, the PC Edge or IE browsers do not work well here at WindowsCentral forums for some reason.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786