Offline maps download issue on Lumia 950

Nurtaeff

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone else have a problem downloading offline maps? I've been trying to download maps for entire US region and it hangs at approximately 15% - progress bar just stops moving. Wondering if it is SD card problem or something else. Tried to delete all maps, format card, but nothing worked. After it's being downloaded for a while I receive a message saying that downloading was paused because some app is using them - I assume it is a bug or something. Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.164.

x7sage7x

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here. I have a 128 GB card and gigabit internet and even with 100 Mb download speed it hangs at the same place. I even leave it up over night with the screen never turning off and still nothing. Probably going to have to factory reset.

lafn

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
It only seems to download when the phone is awake. Do I have to sit here for 12 hours keeping the phone awake to download the U.S.A? Resorted to doing one state at a time so I can at least see progress but this is ridiculous. Asking me if I really need the whole U.S.A doesn't solve the issue. :)

Shkupjani

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I am using stable version (not insider).
I have downloaded the following maps without a problem:
Albania
Belgium
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Macedonia
Montenegro
Serbia

pdaneophyte

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
What app were you starting download from? Are you in Maps program or Setting, System, Offline Map? Try to close all application before download new map from setting menu.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss