Lumia 950/950XL Video accessories.

Kon-Aitor

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I have been trying to find cables on amazon that would allow me to take advantage of, and play around with, continuum.

I don't want to drop $100 on the Microsoft dock.

So far I have found this guy, which seems to work well enough, but is only for video.

I then tried this guy, and while I could connect USB -A devices, and charge it via the USB-C port, I could not get it to output via HDMI (the phone would detect the display, but was just not able to output anything.

So I am wondering if anyone else has been on a similar quest and what results have you found.

Also I think it would be a good idea for the Windows Central staff to do an accessory roundup of the various USB-C accessories and see if any are interesting/work with our phones.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
by far, the easiest option is the continuum dock.... some of those cheap all in one units seem as if they are not using the USB-C display out spec..

I ordered a cheap adapter that provided power and video.... but no video from my 950. opened it up and..... it was wired for USB-2 and MHL!

Since USB type C has USB 2 legacy support, some manufacturers are cheating.... either using USB to video tech or MHL to output video.

if you want to cheap out, then you'll either be testing EVERY adapter you find to see if it'll work, or adding things like BT keyboards and mice and more...

every once in a while, a continuum dock will sell on ebay for $50-70, but you have to keep an eye out for it.

rusty502

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
But then I would have to buy a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse...

Hmmmm, thought you may already have one..6 one way, half dozen the other.....Microsoft had a promo giving the dock with 950 XL purchase for a bit....may find one on Ebay and save a little.....

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte