Cortana crashing and dictionary issues.

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with Cortana crashing when you hold the search key down to try and talk to her? Also I'm having
issues with all the words I added to the dictionary before the latest update. Now none if my words are in there and I cant add them
again. I get the +word to add it but it is not added. The next time I use the swipe keyboard it still does not know the word I added.

Is there a way to fix this stuff?

Dave

Travis Flenker

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Which OS build are you using?

If you're on the latest Redstone (which I'm suffering through), welcome to the fun.

For the dictionary issue, I'm not aware of any fix but it was in the patch notes that the dictionary would be reset. Mine is also not adding new words.

Cortana has been extremely unreliable for the past couple of Redstone builds for me, lots of random crashes, hangs, and freezes, especially when using voice command and even more so when using voice commands from the lock screen.

This last build might be the one that send me to the slow ring. It's way rougher than any previous build since pre 950... but for now I'm sticking through it until the next build in the hopes that they squash a bunch of bugs soon.

dfaris

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the 218 build. Not sure that is. The dictionary and cortana issues are a royal PITA. How can you possible mess up a dictionary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon