Hello, I haven't posted in a while.

I am getting to my wits end with my phone randomly restarting throughout the day. I have the latest firmware from AT&T and I am on the Insider Fast track, with latest version.

I say that to say this - I have been having this issue since I got the phone. This is NOT new. Every single firmware, every update I grab, hoping it will fix it. I just have to know if this is only an issue for me or if others are still experiencing this.

One thing I have noticed is it will restart especially when there is a "big movement", i.e., i toss my phone on the bed (not violently, just a small toss on VERY soft comforter), i am running and it is in my pocket, or i put the phone down on the desk in a swift-but-normal motion that i would do with any phone.

Perhaps there is an issue and i need to get it fixed, but i would just like to hear from others if they are also still experiencing it as i haven't seen a major post about it in a while. Thank you.
    04-25-2016 01:13 PM
    Can't really make any judgments about a phone's stability when you're running a preview OS build. The last couple builds in particular have been really unstable in my experience.

If I were you I'd hard reset and try the production build. If it's still hanging/rebooting a bunch (especially if it all seems to be related to movement), then it sounds like you got a lemon.
    04-25-2016 04:06 PM
    I never had the insider builds, it is restarting randomly since the time I got the phone, which is the time they released it to the market. Most disastrous one was in the middle of a phone conversation. Never had such a problem with a nokia phone before.

MS hires engineers that are not into the ecosystem themselves. They carry iphones and android phones for personal use. If the developers who work at MS do not use WPs in their daily lives, they won't even figure out the bugs we are seeing and reporting as users. Feedback option is great, but it will delay the bug fix process. Everything is getting slowly very stable but it has been almost six months till the launch now and it is still not enough.

We are basically all upset because we all see the potential in WPs. These stupid bugs would defer people from switching over from other platforms. How can I even refer my friend to use WP if it is restarting in the middle of a phone conversation. One issue I have, somehow it is under-reported is cortana search failing. My cortana search crashes %50 of the time. I always have to do it twice if I am on LTE. Why can it not just wait, or tell me there is no internet. Why does it have to close itself, and I have to retype whatever I'm searching for. Also Here Maps are living their last days in a coma. They crash too. They become unresponsive. I can understand some bugs, but this is phenomenally stupid.

I used a lot of Nokia's during Symbian/Meego times. Even though the eco system was small, and still buggy essential phone functions was rock solid. Phone/GPS/email/Chat never crashing, never failing. Even the alarm clock, it was wired into a backup system. It would work when your phone is closed. For example if a stupid bug drained your battery overnight, you would still be able to make it to work on time. But with WP these types of I stopped expecting this elegance. they are not loosing gracefully, they are loosing shamefully.

So much negativity but I'm tired of waiting. I guess 10.1 would be not bad but it looks like it won't be great.
    xzb6np likes this.
    04-25-2016 05:27 PM
    Question, do you use a SD Card?

The reason I'm asking is because I have this problem, went to ATT and they gave me a new phone, new phone was working great, started to put things back together and a day after putting the SD Card in, same thing is happening.

Taking the SD Card out didn't help but all my apps for saved there.

Let me know, just trying to see if I can figure this out before punting this phone across the street and running out to buy a Galaxy.

Thanks,

Chuck
    09-08-2016 10:41 AM
    FYI - most people in other threads on this 950 restarting issue topic have blamed a loose or bulging battery for the issue.
    09-08-2016 11:06 AM
    Mine hasn't restarted in quite a while (probably two months) but I wouldn't be surprised if started acting up again. You know, it's almost like Microsoft is actively trying to kill of the last Windows Phone remnant. The 950, 950 XL and W10M were released in such a disastrously buggy and incomplete state it boggles the mind. I literally cannot list the number of problems I've had with my phone; practically every day something else doesn't work properly. It's better these days after various software updates, but random crap still keeps happening, like earlier in the week when it took a string of still photos at 1920 x 1080 resolution for no reason. I never changed the settings and still have no idea why it did that.
    09-08-2016 11:23 AM