I had double tap to wake on a 950

Marcos Buccella

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I bought a cheap 950 on eBay. It was running build 10240, and had a prototype registration app popping up every few minutes asking for my @microsoft.com e-mail. It had an early beta version of Continuum and didn't had Windows Hello. Surprisingly enough, Double Tap to Wake was enabled and working on it! I thought that build 10240 leaked for the 950 and that the previous owner just flashed it to get Astoria working. I wanted to try all the new features it had, and the software it was running was pretty much buggy. All in all, this was going to be my main phone, so I decided to flash with the stock software without investigating much about it. After I flashed it with the WDRT, I noticed that 10240 got leaked for the 930, not the 950. I lost something pretty valuable forever...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I bought a cheap 950 on eBay. It was running build 10240, and had a prototype registration app popping up every few minutes asking for my @microsoft.com e-mail.

Is it marked "proto.microsoft.com" on the front glass? If so, you actually have a stolen device that still remains the property of Microsoft.

You can report the sale of this device to: logistics-security@microsoft.com

https://proto.microsoft.com/Scripts/Microsoft-Prototype-Security-Leaflet-Online.pdf

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Austria got it as well :)

Sidenote: You have to activate double tap to wake in the settings, before you can use it. I was sad for a minute, because I thought it doesn't work before I checked the settings. :D

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Under WaaS, the carrier no longer sits in the way of updates that do not touch radio. So far as I know, DTtW has zero to do with radio.

That's true, but one part of the firmware update is "Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users."

With that in mind, I'd assume they have the right to make sure it works.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
The carrier doesn't control OS updates anymore, but they DO control the firmware updates, so if your firmware is branded you have two options:

1. Wait until they decide to bother with granting you the inmense privilege of getting a firmware update.

2. Install an unbranded firmware.

William Sanderson

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
More so explains it; we in the US Region, are still waiting for the FW update:(
Yes you are waiting for the firmware update in U.S.
It was available to some who used the WDR tool and downloaded, double tap to wake worked.
If you use this method to get firmware, do a phone backup before updating your firmware as it will wipe data from your phone.
I have a dual sim 950 unlocked but haven't tied to get the firmware update as if yet.
Read more here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...l/194a025a-317d-4c7f-882c-2ecb0f6c04fb?page=1

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes you are waiting for the firmware update in U.S.
It was available to some who used the WDR tool and downloaded, double tap to wake worked.
If you use this method to get firmware, do a phone backup before updating your firmware as it will wipe data from your phone.
I have a dual sim 950 unlocked but haven't tied to get the firmware update as if yet.
Read more here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...l/194a025a-317d-4c7f-882c-2ecb0f6c04fb?page=1

William, thank you for the info...But I believe I'll just wait my turn, to much to gamble for a feature that will surely be available soon ";^)

Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05