Anyone else experiencing their Lumia 950 constant rebooting on it's own??? Upwards of 20 times a day. No rhyme or reason or specific time or app that cause it, it seems.
    05-02-2016 12:58 PM
    Originally posted by MAUXIIS
    Anyone else experiencing their Lumia 950 constant rebooting on it's own??? Upwards of 20 times a day. No rhyme or reason or specific time or app that cause it, it seems.
    05-02-2016 01:37 PM
    What's firmware and OS version you have?
    05-02-2016 01:50 PM
    Firmware: 01078.00038.16025.39004
    Build: 10.0.10586.218

Originally posted by rollindice
    What's firmware and OS version you have?
    05-02-2016 02:42 PM
    I have the same issue. Not 20 times a day, but I have to force reboot the phone because Windows Hello stops working and it refuses to charge.
    05-02-2016 03:52 PM
    Mine doesn't reboot on its own, but if I shut off, then turn it back on, a message pops up telling me that something has happened to my phone or my SIM card and a reboot is needed.
    curseoftheninja likes this.
    05-03-2016 11:39 PM
    I have random reboots as well. There is no discernable pattern...

On top of that, my battery seems to have a loose connection. Sometimes I get a reboot when I put my phone on a table. In another thread I read about readjusting the pins of the battery, maybe that helps.
    05-04-2016 07:53 AM
    I was having this issue, and finally contacted MS. I sent my phone in to their support center, I got it back two weeks later and they had fixed whatever was causing it. I haven't had a problem since.
    05-04-2016 11:31 AM
    Mine was giving me trouble when I was out at a thing with the kids. We were having a great time, went to take some pictures of a once in a lifetime thing, and the phone shuts down. It then went into this reboot fit. Whenever I tried to take pictures, or just whenever it felt like it.
    05-05-2016 04:51 AM
    I have random reboots as well. There is no discernable pattern...
    I also thought there was not discernable pattern until very recently when I noticed it did reboot everytime the device is being slightly "shocked".
    Examples:
    => putting it on a hard surface (not brutally but not softly, like dropping it from a 2cm height on a table)
    => I sometimes throw it to my bed from a few meters before going to sleep, and that sometimes will cause the phone to reboot

Shock are never importants, I'm not talking about brutalizing the phone or throwing it against a wall ;)
    The solution for me was to keep being extreeeemely gently with it..
    05-19-2016 09:18 AM
    no issues here... the only time my phone reboots is when an update has been applied and that has happened 3 out of the last 4 nights
    05-19-2016 09:48 AM
    I also thought there was not discernable pattern until very recently when I noticed it did reboot everytime the device is being slightly "shocked".
    Examples:
    => putting it on a hard surface (not brutally but not softly, like dropping it from a 2cm height on a table)
    => I sometimes throw it to my bed from a few meters before going to sleep, and that sometimes will cause the phone to reboot
    This sounds like it could be caused by a loose battery connection. The "shock" could cause the battery to momentarily disconnect.
    05-19-2016 11:36 AM
    I have never gotten 20 reboots in a day, but mine does randomly freeze and reboot periodically. Maybe once every 1-3 days.
    05-19-2016 05:36 PM
    Yes and it's driving me crazy. It has been doing it for the last couple insider builds as well as when I dropped back to the latest production build. It works fine for a day then will either start doing the reboot thing or doing the I don't want to charge thing. Like right now it's at 52%. I plug it in and it charges about 1% then the indicator jumps to 100% and it stops charging.
    05-19-2016 09:12 PM
    I don't have any reboot problem since the last update. Perhaps one of your apps causes the problem. Try to check if there is any update for your apps.

Yes and it's driving me crazy. It has been doing it for the last couple insider builds as well as when I dropped back to the latest production build. It works fine for a day then will either start doing the reboot thing or doing the I don't want to charge thing. Like right now it's at 52%. I plug it in and it charges about 1% then the indicator jumps to 100% and it stops charging.
    05-19-2016 10:01 PM
    This sounds like it could be caused by a loose battery connection. The "shock" could cause the battery to momentarily disconnect.
    That's actually very possible, I tried to stuck a piece of paper on top of the battery between the battery and the plastic block, so far, didn't have a single reboot even after several small shocks..
    05-20-2016 09:59 AM
    My daughter's 950 was having the random restarts and I thought it was a low battery. I switched our batteries and her phone started working perfectly. I put her battery into mine and mine started the random restarts. I put it on the charger and at one point the phone showed 60% charge and shortly after, it showed 100%. Then a little while later, back down to 60% again. I plan to pick up a new battery today.
    07-03-2016 09:52 AM
    That's actually very possible, I tried to stuck a piece of paper on top of the battery between the battery and the plastic block, so far, didn't have a single reboot even after several small shocks..
    Just like you I noticed that my random reboots can all be traced back to small shocks, like putting the phone on a table, throwing it on a pillow etc.
    I used the paper trick, too. I put a piece of paper (folded multiple times) between the battery and the back cover. Small shocks are no longer a problem. Just when the phone gets "hit" from an odd angle (for example when the phone's corner touches something on the table) it instantly reboots.

On the one hand I am relieved to finally know the cause of my reboots. On the other hand it is very annoying that a "flagship" phone like the Lumia 950 is manufactured so badly that the act of merely putting it on a table provokes a reboot. I paid a lot of money for it and I don't want to duct tape the battery to the phone in order to make it work properly.

I am also not willing to tinker with the contacts on the battery. In another thread someone suggested prying the contacts to tighten their grip in order to prevent them to lose connection during a shock. It seems to me that the space for the battery is too big. It can move around in the case, and it seems that even a movement of about a milimeter is enough for the battery to lose connection. This should not be the case in a flagship phone (or in any phone, for that matter).

TLDR: Putting a piece of paper between battery and back cover prevents 95% of shock-related reboots. This should not be necessary in a flagship phone.
    08-04-2016 09:23 AM
    My Lumia 950 does not have this behavior. Installed app maybe?
    08-05-2016 07:21 AM
    My wife's 950 randomly reboots every week or so. Usually after taking many photographs. It has never been dropped or otherwise shocked.

Any suggestions?
    08-08-2016 01:08 AM
    My wife's 950 randomly reboots every week or so. Usually after taking many photographs. It has never been dropped or otherwise shocked.

Any suggestions?
    A couple of very good suggestions above.^
    08-11-2016 10:49 AM
    My 950 for about a week has not only crashed, but will often have this greenish screen freeze and or a shuddering sound from the speaker only ending in a hard shutoff or battery removal. Anyone else have that extreme too?
    08-11-2016 12:34 PM
    My 950 (AT&T version) reboots quite often and that hasnt changed no matter which preview version was installed. I'm hoping the upcoming firmware update will help.

In my case, it has only rebooted (as far as I can tell) when the phone is bumped. This happens most frequently when I set the phone down. It sometimes happens if I jostle the phone a bit when picking it up. It has also done it when it is in my pocket and bumped something (like the car door when getting in/out of the car for example).

I've actually managed to go a couple days before without it rebooting if I make a conscious effort to be very gentle with it. This also happens whether or not I have wifi enabled so I dont think it is the wifi related reboot.
    08-16-2016 02:13 PM
    My 950 reboots every 3-5 days. I thought Redstone would fix this but not. Some say it could be battery or motherboard.
    08-19-2016 07:09 AM
    Wondering if the battery is loose?
    08-19-2016 11:46 AM