Aerial Offline Maps

Martins G

May 5, 2016
Visit site
Hello.
Is there any windows phone app where offline aerial part of map can be saved?
I hike alot and standart offline maps are not very useful for offroad usage.
Thanks

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello.
Is there any windows phone app where offline aerial part of map can be saved?
I hike alot and standart offline maps are not very useful for offroad usage.
Thanks

the standard Here maps should be able to do this; I've just tested on my phone and I can see satellite view while data is off. However, be warned that satellite imagery isn't available for all regions.

In case it doesn't work, what you can try is load the maps app and go to the region you want while data is on. Switch to satellite view and let everything load. The next time you view it while data is off, you'll be able to see the imagery

Hope this helps

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You need an internet connection to see the satellite maps. It's pretty easy to check by enabling flight mode and attempting to change the view.

You may get some of the map cached, but of course you can't depend on this.

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Maloo Outdoor maps on the store seems to do this - but I'm bu@@ered if I know how to make it work.

I've been wanting an offline OS Map for the UK on my phone since my Omnia 7 for walking and mountaineering in remote places, but the world seems to think that a good data connection is ubiquitous.

Let me know if you find anything.

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Is there any other way to install HERE app in W10m.
Current w10m Maps app just useless, ............,...........,

HERE apps are available until 30 June 2016, and will then be unavailable (presumably they will stop working, but may just be removed from the store). After that you are stuck with crappy mobile Cortana

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I think they are not available in the store anymore. At least I can't find them on W10M. And I think I remember that they stop working after the 30th June.

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Maps and images will cache, so this can help. If you are going to London for instance, just zoom in on the area you are going while you are still on WIFI, and then that area will be available offline. I've done this with satellite images as well.

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Maps and images will cache, so this can help. If you are going to London for instance, just zoom in on the area you are going while you are still on WIFI, and then that area will be available offline. I've done this with satellite images as well.

I like the sound of that - do you have a way for forcing it to do this to guarantee the mapping will be cached? It sounds like another really useful feature that MS wont advertise and will remove because it is not used!

Martins G

May 5, 2016
Visit site
Maloo Outdoor maps on the store seems to do this - but I'm bu@@ered if I know how to make it work.

I've been wanting an offline OS Map for the UK on my phone since my Omnia 7 for walking and mountaineering in remote places, but the world seems to think that a good data connection is ubiquitous.

Let me know if you find anything.

THANKS dude. Thats what i was looking for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre