Hello.
    Is there any windows phone app where offline aerial part of map can be saved?
    I hike alot and standart offline maps are not very useful for offroad usage.
    Thanks
    05-05-2016 09:30 AM
    Hello.
    Is there any windows phone app where offline aerial part of map can be saved?
    I hike alot and standart offline maps are not very useful for offroad usage.
    Thanks
    the standard Here maps should be able to do this; I've just tested on my phone and I can see satellite view while data is off. However, be warned that satellite imagery isn't available for all regions.

In case it doesn't work, what you can try is load the maps app and go to the region you want while data is on. Switch to satellite view and let everything load. The next time you view it while data is off, you'll be able to see the imagery

Hope this helps
    05-06-2016 06:51 AM
    You need an internet connection to see the satellite maps. It's pretty easy to check by enabling flight mode and attempting to change the view.

You may get some of the map cached, but of course you can't depend on this.
    05-06-2016 06:55 AM
    Maloo Outdoor maps on the store seems to do this - but I'm bu@@ered if I know how to make it work.

I've been wanting an offline OS Map for the UK on my phone since my Omnia 7 for walking and mountaineering in remote places, but the world seems to think that a good data connection is ubiquitous.

Let me know if you find anything.
    Martins G likes this.
    05-13-2016 03:11 AM
    Maloo Outdoor maps on the store seems to do this - but I'm bu@@ered if I know how to make it work.

I've been wanting an offline OS Map for the UK on my phone since my Omnia 7 for walking and mountaineering in remote places, but the world seems to think that a good data connection is ubiquitous.

https://maaloo7.wordpress.com/2013/0...-download-map/
    05-13-2016 03:22 AM
    Is there any other way to install HERE app in W10m.
    Current w10m Maps app just useless, ............,...........,
    05-13-2016 03:22 AM
    Is there any other way to install HERE app in W10m.
    Current w10m Maps app just useless, ............,...........,
    HERE apps are available until 30 June 2016, and will then be unavailable (presumably they will stop working, but may just be removed from the store). After that you are stuck with crappy mobile Cortana
    05-13-2016 07:34 AM
    I think they are not available in the store anymore. At least I can't find them on W10M. And I think I remember that they stop working after the 30th June.
    05-13-2016 11:55 AM
    I purchased Outdoor Navigation a long time ago. It has offline capabilities for topo maps.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=rBQ_VvNO
    05-13-2016 12:48 PM
    Maps and images will cache, so this can help. If you are going to London for instance, just zoom in on the area you are going while you are still on WIFI, and then that area will be available offline. I've done this with satellite images as well.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    05-16-2016 06:18 PM
    Maps and images will cache, so this can help. If you are going to London for instance, just zoom in on the area you are going while you are still on WIFI, and then that area will be available offline. I've done this with satellite images as well.
    I like the sound of that - do you have a way for forcing it to do this to guarantee the mapping will be cached? It sounds like another really useful feature that MS wont advertise and will remove because it is not used!
    05-18-2016 04:35 AM
    MS maps use the same data that HERE maps does and they both use the same offline map
    TgeekB likes this.
    05-21-2016 01:47 PM

THANKS dude. Thats what i was looking for.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    05-22-2016 02:14 PM
    MS maps use the same data that HERE maps does and they both use the same offline map
    except here map is able to show sattelite/aerial map offline (cached), and ms map does not.
    08-17-2016 04:45 PM
    except here map is able to show sattelite/aerial map offline (cached), and ms map does not.
    even as of today?
    08-18-2016 06:42 AM
    even as of today?
    yes. under airplane mode, go to your ms map and switch to aerial mode: a message pops up saying "You need an Internet connection to do that."
    08-18-2016 06:10 PM
    yes. under airplane mode, go to your ms map and switch to aerial mode: a message pops up saying "You need an Internet connection to do that."
    well, there is the feedback hub for feedback on this. So see if others have submitted it and upvote it
    08-19-2016 06:24 AM