Windows Alarm not ringing !!!!! Help!

arislgr

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I suspected this days ago but now I can confirm that sometimes the alarm makes no sound, it just goes off without any sound. I've tried the default tone plus others, still no good. This is serious, I just cant afford not getting up every morning. My 950 is on Version 1511, OS build 10.0.10586.218

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I suspected this days ago but now I can confirm that sometimes the alarm makes no sound, it just goes off without any sound. I've tried the default tone plus others, still no good. This is serious, I just cant afford not getting up every morning. My 950 is on Version 1511, OS build 10.0.10586.218

Clock and Alarm app was updated twice since thal old build. Check store.
PS. and check you os updates too, now official is .242

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
if you are relying on just your phone, you are selling yourself short. I use both my 950 and 22 year old Sony alarm clock to wake up. neither have failed to do the job to date.

arislgr

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for your prompt reply! The Alarms and Clock app I have is version 10.1603.12020.0 and in the store I dont find an update. Strangely though when I check for an update on the OS, it says I'm up to date, no mention of .242 as you mention.

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
The silent alarm problem seems to come and go with the various OS iterations. Someone suggested tagging a music ringtone to the alarm to make it play.

I noticed once on my own 950 that the sound would be tagged as 'Vibrate Only' even though I hadn't changed it, but somehow the setting had gotten changed amid the OS upgrades.

Other people have made the suggestion of deleting the existing alarm and re-adding one, to see if that helps.

Someone else mentioned that in the Settings/System/Notifications/ make sure the setting is "On" for "Show and sound alarms and reminders when my phone is locked."

poordesi

May 12, 2016
Visit site

I was having the same problem and upon closer inspection found that the alarm application was not allowed to room in background! So simply go to settings -->background apps and make sure alarm application (windows alarm and clock) is on. Do this for all other alarm apps you maybe using.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos