Do you regret getting a 950?

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm beginning to. For example I am unable to add other flagship browsers like Chrome, IE, or Firefox. Now my Gmail account won't work in Outlook because the Edge browser is no longer supported. I feel like I'm in the crossfire between major tech armies.
Why doesn't Gmail work in Outlook? Did Google pull another stunt recently?

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I answered this previously, but my answer is shifting more towards the "Yes" checkbox. In less than 3 months I can trade this phone in for a new one, and I feel like this one never really got its running legs. I imagine if I wait it will continue to improve as the OS and apps are updated, but there was no reason to pay release day price for this device.

mlbrowninsc

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't use mine as a daily drive rust to mess around and see what's new. I don't think it will ever become my daily phone. Just too many apps missing but could get by with it if wells gets on board with ms wallet. I'll keep it updated to see if anything changes.

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I regret buying mine release day, as I feel it is only just now where I want it to be, on the Insider Program. I think it is a pretty solid device now, though I do have some screen burn.

What do you mean by screen burn? I've noticed some 'artifacts' when switching to a new screen. Wasn't sure if it was a software thing or a screen issue.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My only regret in buying the 950 was getting an ATT branded 950... Should have waited for a better deal on an unbranded version... Still waiting for the latest firmware update :(

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine for a couple of days as a warranty replacement for my 830. It's working fine with the latest ATT upgrades for WM10. The one noticeable issue I have is the feel of the phone in my hand. Terrible. Hard to pick up and hard to hold. Haven't gotten a case yet. Usually I reluctantly put on a case for protection, this 950 needs a case for me to even pick it up and hold it.

mrweerez

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I have regretted it at times but with the improvements made in recent builds of the OS this phone is working very well now. I originally purchased the Note 5 but took it back after about 10 days and decided to wait for the Lumia 950 for another month. I can safely say now that I don't regret the decision.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Actually, the opposite. Paid $300 for mine and have to say it was a great investment. Certainly getting my money's worth. Can't say that about some other phones I've owned.

skydiverian

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
No. Got mine late April and have had only a few issues that have since been corrected. Far nicer phone than the 830 and the firmware fixed issues I had with the camera autofocus.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe I'm saying this but I do regret it. I owned a windows phone in 8.0 to 8.1 transition. We had to be very patient those days. 8.1 was such a stability improvement. But the phone I had was kinda slow, so I wanted to switch to a flagship kinda phone. Big mistake. It feels like 8.0 again. Nothing is stable. First month I had the phone it restarted itself during a phone call! It still restarts itself from time to time. What if I have to call 911 or something?? 6 months later, still restarts itself. along with other problems. Unbelievable.
Why didn't you return it?

Dave Scarpa

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
well yes because i did it on AT&T next and Microsoft dropped the price on it so quick, and I'm still paying on the Entry price. I called aT&T but they would only give me a $100 credit, can't complain to loudly about them thou they didnt have to do anything

SlideWRX

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
CABLES: Advise you to buy a few "official" USB-C cables (car, home-computer, home-bedside, work). Over the years we've all accumulated a few USB cables and have them where we need them. You'll need to stock up on USB-C cables.

Yeah, micro USB to USB-C adapters are almost the same price, so I just got a pack new cables to make sure they handle the quick charging.

I don't regret getting this phone at all. I was holding off getting a new one, to see how the market played out, to see if the OEMs would really support it like HP and Acer are doing. My 1020 died on me however, so I needed a new phone right away. I went to MS store, bought it full price (argh), but still liked it. That was two weeks ago. When they announced the $150 price drop and free dock, I was able to go back and get those, which made me much happier.

There are certainly a lot of bugs, poor interface decisions, and missing features. Seriously, the alarm clock app doesn't have volume control. wtf?!? But overall I love the phone. I do plan on letting my 4 year old laptop die off and just use Continuum; Once Edge on W10M gets extensions, Adblock & Ghostery should make browsing enjoyable.

MS really needs to put some more effort into fixing W10M soon; It needs to be better before hardware sales really move.

mrweerez

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Such is the world of technology though. I tend to adopt new tech fairly quickly and it always costs me more. Its always exciting though. :smile:

stocktiki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
How long is everyone getting on a single charge. I have the AT&T 950 - so it's still lacking Anniversary and the latest firmware. It drains about 6% per hour checking it for periodic emails and a few texts. If it's on at 8 a.m. - by 11 p.m. it's at about 20% left.
Is that similar to others' experience. How does this compare with iOS or Android phones?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte