Does Windows Hello (IRIS Scanner) Eat Up your Battery?

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I started using Windows Hello for about the first week after I purchased my 950, I wish it were more accurate and sometimes it does work well.
I was wondering if you noticed a a big drain on your battery since it does activate each time you press the power button?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not really, but of course it depends on how often you're unlocking your phone.

From what I've heard, staying in the Production ring gives you the best battery life.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I haven't really noticed any difference in usage of the battery. I guess, like glance, it goes into 'sleep' mode, just sitting in the background waiting.

I don't use it, as during set up it tells me I haven't got any eyes!!:confused:

Don't forget that Hellomis a beta at the moment and hopefully will improve steadily.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Don't think it draws too much power from the battery. It probably works the same as when I touch the home button on my iPhone to unlock then scan my finger print.

Travis Flenker

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
What OS build are you using? If memory serves, the very early builds were hugely impacted by Hello but have since been resolved.

I'm running the latest Fast Ring build and I notice absolutely no difference in battery between having it on or off and is 95%+ accurate.

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I am using .242 Insider Release ring.

-Rich

What OS build are you using? If memory serves, the very early builds were hugely impacted by Hello but have since been resolved.

I'm running the latest Fast Ring build and I notice absolutely no difference in battery between having it on or off and is 95%+ accurate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb