I have my Lumia 950 on the latest insider fast ring build and in the last few weeks the battery life of the device has been...abysmal. Has anyone else had this issue? Is it specific to the latest couple builds or do I need to get a replacement battery?
    05-11-2016 06:59 PM
    I got a 950 today and am returning it immediately. Battery life is one reason why. It is TERRIBLE. No matter what I did it kept dropping.
    05-11-2016 08:55 PM
    Yes... its in the forums.. if you search...

The fix is to change your privacy settings to basic. Settings, Privacy, Feedback, then I set mine to Once a week and Basic. Battery issue resolved.. Seems the telemetry process gets stuck or some such and pegged the radio. Thus a hot and battery drained device.

I went from averaging 6-13% per hour to .. 3-5% just keep in mind you will have to change your privacy setting back to provide feedback (recommended as MS cant fix thing they don't know are broke ;) )

Hope this helps.
    05-12-2016 09:53 AM
    I got a 950 today and am returning it immediately. Battery life is one reason why. It is TERRIBLE. No matter what I did it kept dropping.
    Far be it from me to question your decision...HOWEVER:
    Got to give a fresh build a couple of days for battery to settle down.
    UNLESS: your return window is small, then you can't take a chance.
    05-12-2016 10:25 AM
    Originally posted by WayCool
    Yes... its in the forums.. if you search...

The fix is to change your privacy settings to basic. Settings, Privacy, Feedback, then I set mine to Once a week and Basic. Battery issue resolved.. Seems the telemetry process gets stuck or some such and pegged the radio. Thus a hot and battery drained device.

I went from averaging 6-13% per hour to .. 3-5% just keep in mind you will have to change your privacy setting back to provide feedback (recommended as MS cant fix thing they don't know are broke ;) )

Hope this helps.
    Will this help on non insider builds?
    05-12-2016 05:16 PM
    Hi all,

I can't seem to change my settings for feedback. it's grayed out and says that Windows Insider manages that setting. When I go to Windows Insider I only see the option to change the ring I am on, and not how often I give feedback... Anyone know how to restore my choice for that?
    05-13-2016 03:34 PM