Copying text not enabled

Deebee1

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Am trying to figure out how do I copy specific text from sites; it used to be possible in earlier versions of Windows..now it gives the option "Select All" and does not allow me to copy select specific text/ content. Can some help with a solution please. Thank you.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Am trying to figure out how do I copy specific text from sites; it used to be possible in earlier versions of Windows..now it gives the option "Select All" and does not allow me to copy select specific text/ content. Can some help with a solution please. Thank you.

just tap twice on the text quickly and you'll see the word highlighted with bars on the side which you can drag to encompass the section you want

Deebee1

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Thanks but that's not working. this technique worked in the earlier windows version...not working for windows 10...not sure how to resolve this.

Deebee1

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
When I do that it just comes up with a prompt select all and if you do that then it selects the entire content on the screen...not just the text...and there is no prompt for copy at all. Earlier version had facility to select text and copy which is now missing..would someone direct me to the technical assistance team for lumia 950 or window 10 mobile team. Thanks

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
When I do that it just comes up with a prompt select all and if you do that then it selects the entire content on the screen...not just the text...and there is no prompt for copy at all. Earlier version had facility to select text and copy which is now missing..would someone direct me to the technical assistance team for lumia 950 or window 10 mobile team. Thanks

yours is a strange case. I've just tried on my phone with messaging, email and word apps, I can select the region I want without issue.

Can you do a soft reset (restart) and see if this resolves it? Also, which sites are talking about that don't allow you to select the section you want? This is in Edge or UC browser?

Deebee1

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
yours is a strange case. I've just tried on my phone with messaging, email and word apps, I can select the region I want without issue.

Can you do a soft reset (restart) and see if this resolves it? Also, which sites are talking about that don't allow you to select the section you want? This is in Edge or UC browser?

Did that but unsuccessful trying to copy from normal websites and email accounts. Using edge. How can i resolve this?

Deebee1

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Did that but unsuccessful. Trying to copy text from my gmail account and facebook. Not able to do it. Where should i get this resolved. Wish i could post a screenshot of whats happening. Using edge.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Did that but unsuccessful. Trying to copy text from my gmail account and facebook. Not able to do it. Where should i get this resolved. Wish i could post a screenshot of whats happening. Using edge.

do you have a pc? You can install project my screen app on the pc which is an app that mirrors what you do on the phone. Using that and a screen recording software, you can record what you're doing on your phone screen and then post a video

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99