My 950 consistently uses more than 20% battery during regular use. I am on released version .318. The picture i am posting the percent is on the right side, upto the point of 29% drain is with 100% brightness auto and then afterwards its on 25% brightness auto. Still too high Totally unacceptable. No games, just news, twitter and web.The crazy part is the phone is not even that fast.
    wp_ss_20160602_0002.jpg
    06-03-2016 12:23 AM
    My 950 consistently uses more than 20% battery during regular use. I am on released version .318. The picture i am posting the percent is on the right side, upto the point of 29% drain is with 100% brightness auto and then afterwards its on 25% brightness auto. Still too high Totally unacceptable. No games, just news, twitter and web.The crazy part is the phone is not even that fast.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20160602_0002.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	127134
    A few things you can try out:
    Check settings >system > battery > which apps are using the most energy?
    Again, in battery section, which apps can run in the background? Can you disable those you don't need? Keep messaging enabled to run in background
    In battery section, you can also set up battery saver to kick in when the battery reaches a certain percentage. I keep mine on 100% so it's always on battery saver mode
    In mail app, how often do you have mails to sync? Generally the longer the time period, the less the battery usage
    What about brightness settings? Is it on high or auto? Auto is better than a fixed setting
    If you find that messaging app uses a lot of battery, this could be because it's linked with skype. Go to messaging app, settings and unlink skype
    In photos app, do you have auto upload of photos enabled? If yes, try to not upload high res photos and videos unless you are charging the phone and on wifi
    When you use some apps that are not data heavy like whatsapp or mail, you can use a lower network speed like 2G. It's what I do usually. I only use LTE when I have to use 6tag
    If you're using edge for basic browsing, you could try using UC browser. Not only does it use less data but you can also disable images which means you save even more on data. The less data your phone has to receive, the less the energy used
    In settings > privacy - check each of those settings to see which apps can use what. For example I can't understand why Word would need to access location info so I disabled that. There might be apps using services that they are not meant to use
    Finally, keep wifi/cellular off when you don't need to have them on. The toggles in action centre are pretty fast so it doesn't take much time in switching internet on/off
    Disable auto update of apps, you only update when you are ready and not when you are in need of critical things

Hope this helps you
    YingTK likes this.
    06-03-2016 05:25 AM
    All of these are great suggestions and i have done most of them. inactive battery use is not an issue.
    Most of the battery is used by normal things like Edge, whatever i am using.
    06-03-2016 03:11 PM
    All of these are great suggestions and i have done most of them. inactive battery use is not an issue.
    Most of the battery is used by normal things like Edge, whatever i am using.
    try UC browser and see if that makes a difference
    06-07-2016 03:24 AM
    Battery life on 14356.1000 has been phenomenal! I have gotten about close to two days with moderate use.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    06-07-2016 07:06 AM
    06-09-2016 04:23 PM
    A few things you can try out:
    Check settings >system > battery > which apps are using the most energy?
    Again, in battery section, which apps can run in the background? Can you disable those you don't need? Keep messaging enabled to run in background
    In battery section, you can also set up battery saver to kick in when the battery reaches a certain percentage. I keep mine on 100% so it's always on battery saver mode
    In mail app, how often do you have mails to sync? Generally the longer the time period, the less the battery usage
    What about brightness settings? Is it on high or auto? Auto is better than a fixed setting
    If you find that messaging app uses a lot of battery, this could be because it's linked with skype. Go to messaging app, settings and unlink skype
    In photos app, do you have auto upload of photos enabled? If yes, try to not upload high res photos and videos unless you are charging the phone and on wifi
    When you use some apps that are not data heavy like whatsapp or mail, you can use a lower network speed like 2G. It's what I do usually. I only use LTE when I have to use 6tag
    If you're using edge for basic browsing, you could try using UC browser. Not only does it use less data but you can also disable images which means you save even more on data. The less data your phone has to receive, the less the energy used
    In settings > privacy - check each of those settings to see which apps can use what. For example I can't understand why Word would need to access location info so I disabled that. There might be apps using services that they are not meant to use
    Finally, keep wifi/cellular off when you don't need to have them on. The toggles in action centre are pretty fast so it doesn't take much time in switching internet on/off
    Disable auto update of apps, you only update when you are ready and not when you are in need of critical things

Hope this helps you
    Great information. Thanks!

One question. I was looking for the network speed option but I couldn't find it. Shouldn't it be in cellular & sim? I'm pretty sure I saw that option yesterday. Not sure what I have done.
    Last edited by YingTK; 06-09-2016 at 05:16 PM.
    06-09-2016 05:04 PM
    Great information. Thanks!

One question. I was looking for the network speed option but I couldn't find it. Shouldn't it be in cellular & sim? I'm pretty sure I saw that option yesterday. Not sure what I have done.
    it is in cellular and SIM. What OS version are you on?
    06-09-2016 11:30 PM
    it is in cellular and SIM. What OS version are you on?
    Hi, I'm on 10586.318. I am pretty sure I saw that option the other day, but it's gone now. I wonder if it is network provider specific? I think I may have switched between straight talk and AT&T, but switching again did not help either.
    06-10-2016 12:35 PM
    I'm on .318 and whenever I'm using the browsers the phone really gets warm.I have turned some of the notifications.I'm hoping that the next firmware update will address so the issue
    06-12-2016 08:24 AM
    Lumia 1320..on win 8.1 ... 4days 5 hours......normal use..... On win 10...... 1 day or max to max 2 days build .318 +...
    06-12-2016 09:06 AM
    I have made the necessary adjustment and as result of that I'm now enjoying great battery life on my Lumia 950.
    06-16-2016 07:03 PM