For the last month or two on my Lumia 950 Cortana will frequently crash, requiring me to enter search terms two or three times before she finds what I'm looking for. Also, image search is completely broken. Whenever I try to bring up images from the search page it never shows them when I click on them. All I get is a black window with the small white dots going in a circle. Am I alone in this? How can such basic -- and integrated -- functionality be so badly broken?
    06-03-2016 11:12 AM
    Exactly the same here. When I'm trying to rush somewhere I spend a solid two minutes on cortana to figure out the street address and get the directions from the maps. Oh, and my maps is broken too. Voice navigation has no voice.

I detailed these in bugs section, and two other threads. I still think it is under-reported. Or people like to search like a grandma. Slowly, repeatedly, but surely. This is really annoying. Even 8.0 didn't have these problems.
    CraigCole likes this.
    06-03-2016 02:26 PM
    Exactly the same here. When I'm trying to rush somewhere I spend a solid two minutes on cortana to figure out the street address and get the directions from the maps. Oh, and my maps is broken too. Voice navigation has no voice.

I detailed these in bugs section, and two other threads. I still think it is under-reported. Or people like to search like a grandma. Slowly, repeatedly, but surely. This is really annoying. Even 8.0 didn't have these problems.
    Sad, but at least I'm not the only one with Cortana failures. How can this be an issue, it's like the most basic feature? Never have I had so many issues, or so much disappointment, with a smartphone than with the Lumia 950. It's got to be one of the most half-baked products ever released by Microsoft, and that's saying A LOT.
    06-03-2016 02:58 PM
    Yeah, I've had the exact same issues since I bought my 950 about 2 months ago. I've been trying to find a solution to no avail. It's an extremely frustrating series of issues, especially coming from the near flawless experience on 8.1!
    CraigCole likes this.
    06-04-2016 01:29 AM
    For the last month or two on my Lumia 950 Cortana will frequently crash, requiring me to enter search terms two or three times before she finds what I'm looking for. Also, image search is completely broken. Whenever I try to bring up images from the search page it never shows them when I click on them. All I get is a black window with the small white dots going in a circle. Am I alone in this? How can such basic and integrated -- functionality be so badly broken?
    Same here it has issues responding to Hey Cortana and if I manually open it sometimes it crashes back to the start screen. worked fine up until about 3 weeks ago
    CraigCole likes this.
    06-04-2016 07:27 AM
    I've been having Cortana issues for the past few weeks. If I try to use the voice control for sending a text, it will let me enter the text, with the normal prompts, but when I say "send it", it shuts down without having sent the text, and I've got to start all over again. If this happened once or twice, I might have thought there was something else going on, but it's happening quite a bit. Also, as noted above in a previous post, my map voice is silent about half the time. Not sure if the latest OS update caused this, I'm running non-insider, latest standard revisions of ATT firmware, latest Win 10 OS.
    CraigCole likes this.
    06-04-2016 04:01 PM
    Yeah, I've had the exact same issues since I bought my 950 about 2 months ago. I've been trying to find a solution to no avail. It's an extremely frustrating series of issues, especially coming from the near flawless experience on 8.1!
    Yeah, she worked perfectly on 8.1! While it's been dramatically, DRAMATICALLY better following recent software updates, this issue is just another thing that makes me regret purchasing the 950. It was so horrendously bad when it first came out I really can't believe the thing was ever released to manufacturing and distribution in such a deplorable state. I wish they just waited another six months and spared us all the heartache. But at this point all I can say is this: No matter what they come up with in the future (Surface Phone or something else) I will NEVER purchase another Windows/Microsoft phone, that's how disappointed I am.

I've been having Cortana issues for the past few weeks. If I try to use the voice control for sending a text, it will let me enter the text, with the normal prompts, but when I say "send it", it shuts down without having sent the text, and I've got to start all over again. If this happened once or twice, I might have thought there was something else going on, but it's happening quite a bit. Also, as noted above in a previous post, my map voice is silent about half the time. Not sure if the latest OS update caused this, I'm running non-insider, latest standard revisions of ATT firmware, latest Win 10 OS.
    Yep, I'm also on the standard software release and whatever firmware AT&T feels like letting us have.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-04-2016 08:15 PM
    Cortana used to respond very well to my verbal instructions but about three weeks ago it very frequently says "Something went wrong, please try again in a little while." Usually it's failed to record the instruction I gave it. If I try again directly after, it usually works.

Cortana always heard and (mostly) correctly parsed my speech previously.
    CraigCole and xandros9 like this.
    06-06-2016 01:16 PM
    Came here searching for a solution to my Cortana issue. Since Friday no Cortana search results at all. I get a message stating "Bing isn't available right now, but everything should be back to normal soon." Urgh,.... Basically i have no way to search for anything other than to go to Edge and use a search engine webite... What the heck is the issue here... Normal L950 on ATT. No insider build....
    06-13-2016 09:56 AM
    Cortana has always been varying degrees of mess on Windows 10 for me for whatever reason.
    06-13-2016 10:26 AM
    My friend was telling me last night he was having the same problems on his phone.

I noticed I am now having the same problems on my 650 with Cortana saying she can't connect now. Try again later.

This phone worked very well before with Cortana, hopefully there will be a fix soon.
    Shane Richardson1 likes this.
    06-13-2016 10:38 AM
    I have the exact same issues. I posted on Twitter about it and people said I was crazy. My ability to search using Cortana is completely gone now, on cell or wifi I either get a blank screen or the Bing error you mentioned.
    Last edited by omagic82; 06-13-2016 at 12:01 PM.
    06-13-2016 11:48 AM
    I have the exact same issues. I posted on Twitter about it and people said I was crazy. My ability to search using Cortana is completely gone now, on cell or wifi I either get a blank screen or the Bing error you mentioned.
    You're NOT crazy ... you're correct; Cortana has taken a turn for the crapper.
    Shane Richardson1 likes this.
    06-13-2016 04:30 PM
    For the last two days nothing works with Cortana. She says that she can't connect. For longer than that she won't tell me the weather, she just opens a web page to links. I was driving out of town yesterday and got lost because she couldn't search for a location! Um, losing confidence! I think she's getting worse. I've been saying it, I may have to go Android in August. The lack of support for apps is a struggle, the lack of functionality on existing in house apps is atrocious.
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-13-2016 05:16 PM
    I will be driving hopefully for Uber and now I need to get an android phone. Really don't want to, but what can I do? Windows phone doesn't support the app as far as I know and you need either an iPhone or android.
    Don't really want to spend money on an Android device .again
    06-13-2016 05:29 PM
    issues remain here as well

and PS. Those stupid Honda CRV vs. Subaru Forrester ads are just bunk. the CR-V gets left in the Forrester's dust (literally)
    06-15-2016 10:02 PM