Lumia 950 Battery Drain with No SIM, what could be wrong?

WiggityZwiggity

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 950 Battery Drain with No SIM

Purchased a 950 (dual sim unlocked from the MSFT store) and updated via WDRT . Let all apps install. Let all apps sync (mail, photos, music, etc). Have let the phone sit idle connected to wifi (full strength) with no SIM card and have monitored battery life for the last several weeks. Without touching the phone from a cold reboot the phone gets less than 24 hours battery life.

If I use the phone at all before letting it sit idle (open mail, edge, etc) it will drain more than 50% over an 8 hour period over night)

Apps potentially causing this according to battery saver (there is no real consistent verdict here): Microsoft Health, Lock Screen (I do receive lots of notifications that turn the screen on), occasionally facebook, occasionally edge

Other Variables: Skype Messaging integration is turned off, Windows Hello is On (Although turning off makes no differentiated impact), Glance Always On (again no impact on or off)

I have reset the phone and restored from backup, I have restored the phone and not reset from backup and I receive the same battery life (Again with no sim) - <24 hours with <1 hour of usage daily.

Is there something wrong with this device?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 950 Battery Drain with No SIM

It's also worth checking you have the latest firmware with the 'Windows Device Recovery Tool'.

sri kamal

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia 950 Battery Drain with No SIM

Dude i have the same exact issue.. Did u find any silolution
Originally posted by WiggityZwiggity
Purchased a 950 (dual sim unlocked from the MSFT store) and updated via WDRT . Let all apps install. Let all apps sync (mail, photos, music, etc). Have let the phone sit idle connected to wifi (full strength) with no SIM card and have monitored battery life for the last several weeks. Without touching the phone from a cold reboot the phone gets less than 24 hours battery life.

If I use the phone at all before letting it sit idle (open mail, edge, etc) it will drain more than 50% over an 8 hour period over night)

Apps potentially causing this according to battery saver (there is no real consistent verdict here): Microsoft Health, Lock Screen (I do receive lots of notifications that turn the screen on), occasionally facebook, occasionally edge

Other Variables: Skype Messaging integration is turned off, Windows Hello is On (Although turning off makes no differentiated impact), Glance Always On (again no impact on or off)

I have reset the phone and restored from backup, I have restored the phone and not reset from backup and I receive the same battery life (Again with no sim) - <24 hours with <1 hour of usage daily.

Is there something wrong with this device?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss