ive just upgraded my phone from a 930 to 950.

the 930 was recently updated and I noticed a few changes, particularly with text messages.

The icons down the left hand side, and also there when you were reading a message.

the 950 is telling me my phone is up to date but I do not have the same messages icons as I did with the 930.

I would have expected them to be the same.

Aslo the emoticons has what appeared to revert to the previous versions

any ideas?

TIA
    06-18-2016 07:32 AM
    ive just upgraded my phone from a 930 to 950.

the 930 was recently updated and I noticed a few changes, particularly with text messages.

The icons down the left hand side, and also there when you were reading a message.

the 950 is telling me my phone is up to date but I do not have the same messages icons as I did with the 930.

I would have expected them to be the same.

Aslo the emoticons has what appeared to revert to the previous versions

any ideas?

TIA
    check both phones to see which OS version they are on : go to settings > system > about > OS version/build - something like 10586.xxx
    Second, check that the language packs are the same, speech is the same, keyboard language is the same
    Check for app updates

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    06-18-2016 07:42 AM
    Thank you.
    Yes both phones on different updates.
    Have now installed insider program and currently updating so fingers crossed this resolves my query?
    Thanks for your help
    06-18-2016 08:10 AM
    Thank you.
    Have now installed insider program and currently updating so fingers crossed this resolves my query?
    Thanks for your help ����
    before going to update the devices, did you consider which ring to select to do the update?

Threshold is the current version, very stable - select release ring
    Redstone are the experimental builds - can be risky - select fast or slow ring
    bigwils36 likes this.
    06-18-2016 09:23 AM
    I'm trying to use the insder app to get a preview build but it's keep saying I'm not logged in or signed up but I am?? Is there any other way I can get the red ring
    Originally posted by Chintan Gohel
    Originally Posted by taffybymarriage
    Thank you.
    Thanks for your help
    before going to update the devices, did you consider which ring to select to do the update?

Threshold is the current version, very stable - select release ring
    Redstone are the experimental builds - can be risky - select fast or slow ring
    06-19-2016 07:07 AM
    I'm trying to use the insder app to get a preview build but it's keep saying I'm not logged in or signed up but I am?? Is there any other way I can get the red ring
    in the insider app, try alternative log in
    06-20-2016 05:03 AM