Suddenly, my Camera is giving me issues that require a daily restart.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I wanna preface by saying I got this Lumia 950 launch day... and it's been absolutely fine. No random restarts, no issues shooting 4K videos even though I constantly have it set to save on my SD card, the only app crashes I get are from apps with known issues (Mass Effect Infiltrator), no update hangs, and it's been absolutely lovely.

Until just this week.

I got a newborn and bought a new house... so I've been snapping it up at random times throughout the day... recording non-stop... and I'm now wondering if I've put too much stress on the camera - because now I can fire up my camera... get as many shots as I want... and do this for 4, maybe 6 more sessions.

But without fail, I've been getting this issue once every day for this entire week where I hit my camera launch button, screen stays black for a couple seconds, then "Something went wrong 0xA00F4271(0x80070016).

A quick powercycle gets the job done... but I honestly don't feel like I should have to put up with that. Doesn't happen on my droid... doesn't happen on my iPhone... actually I've had over 12 Windows Phones prior and this is the first time I've ever had to deal with this.

Did we get a Camera update recently that could be causing this?

Last edited:

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I wanna preface by saying I got this Lumia 950 launch day... and it's been absolutely fine. No random restarts, no issues shooting 4K videos even though I constantly have it set to save on my SD card, the only app crashes I get are from apps with known issues (Mass Effect Infiltrator), no update hangs, and it's been absolutely lovely.

Until just this week.

I got a newborn and bought a new house... so I've been snapping it up at random times throughout the day... recording non-stop... and I'm now wondering if I've put too much stress on the camera - because now I can fire up my camera... get as many shots as I want... and do this for 4, maybe 6 more sessions.

But without fail, I've been getting this issue once every day for this entire week where I hit my camera launch button, screen stays black for a couple seconds, then "Something went wrong 0xA00F4271(0x80070016).

A quick powercycle gets the job done... but I honestly don't feel like I should have to put up with that. Doesn't happen on my droid... doesn't happen on my iPhone... actually I've had over 12 Windows Phones prior and this is the first time I've ever had to deal with this.

Did we get a Camera update recently that could be causing this?

you could check for camera updates again
And check in feedback hub if anyone else has this error
Does it happen with other camera apps like proshot or camera360?

bert631

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
I have the exact same issue, also on .420
My device is brand new, so no idea if it's related to this build.
-> Did you install recently the latest build?

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same issue, also on .420
My device is brand new, so no idea if it's related to this build.
-> Did you install recently the latest build?
I suppose I'd have to have done it semi-recently.

WC informed me it was available on the 14th so... that's probably when I did it, and where my issue came from.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I ran into a similar same issue on my last trip when I was shooting A LOT of pictures. Once in a while I would get just a blank screen if I launch the camera app. I can force quit the app but it doesn't come alive until I reboot the phone. Kinda dulls the joy of using the camera when it happens. But boy does it produce some fantastic photos!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon