Camera and how to take awesome pictures

monedetoune

May 17, 2013
Visit site
i dont know if its just me or are you guys having a somewhat "meh" experience with camera especially while taking photos.
sorry if the title is misleading but its actually a request to all of you to post the best pic you taken on your 950 and share to the forum your build number, the camera settings, what kind of ambient lighting at that particular moment as well as time of day. hope you guys, especially the shutterbugs will contribute so us mere mortal 950 users can also take nice photos. thank you have a nice day. and by the way, if youre using 3rd party camera app, mind sharing those too? please refrain from posting about filters except for hdr settings on these 3rd party apps, wanna have setting as close as possible for raw capture and what not.

dont bash me for this, if you dont like this, pm me and i will get one of the mods to take this down. thanks.

(as this post ws written, im using the 14376 with the camera app updated to the latest)

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
There are tons of good photo samples in the pictures thread. It would be much easier if you describe your problem in more detail and post your own samples so we could give you more specific input.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
L950 group on Flickr has over 1.5K quality samples with EXIF if you have time. But most are probably taken with the default build and app and everything in auto so I'm not sure what good it will do for you except to show you what can be done with your camera.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
950Xl everything set to auto, HDR enabled. 5-6pm. At a restaurant by a window. Sunny day but sun wasn't coming through the window. This was on one of the Redstone builds. Not sure exactly which one. I don't take many pictures so I just picked this one because it looked tasty mmm.

http://i.imgur.com/XSSkFv5.jpg

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
And if you search on instagram with the 950 hashtag, you'll find many users with their photos. Stephen Alvarez has/had a lumia 950 and he's on instagram (he's a photographer for National Geographic and uses lumia devices a lot)

Follow the MS accounts on instagram too - especially for different regions -most post photos from different users that have awesome shots

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think what the OP is after would be less sample shots and more data on how the shots got composed and processed including exif of the software and settings.

Look at this pic I shot with Lumia 950 doesn't help so much as I shot this with Lumia 950 running Insider Fast 14379, Camera App, 16:9, forced HDR, flash suppressed, manual ISO 100, used the ev0 bracket dng file and processed it through GIMP with denoise, +20% saturation, etc...

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean OP. I returned to the 1020, for casual photos, as the 950 XL simply did not produce pictures of a reasonable quality. Video was also nowhere near as clear as the 1020. In a ball room type situation pictures and video seemed a bit drab. I admit that everything is usually set to auto, I've seen the great photos, but the 1020 is also set to auto.

Just ordered a 950 to replace my actual phone (930) so we'll see.

curallinares

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone tell me, what's wrong (or not ) with my L 950 camera? The flashlight doesn't work, when I try to take a photo in absolutely darkness.
I have flash on, HDR on.

Originally posted by monedetoune
i dont know if its just me or are you guys having a somewhat "meh" experience with camera especially while taking photos.
sorry if the title is misleading but its actually a request to all of you to post the best pic you taken on your 950 and share to the forum your build number, the camera settings, what kind of ambient lighting at that particular moment as well as time of day. hope you guys, especially the shutterbugs will contribute so us mere mortal 950 users can also take nice photos. thank you have a nice day. and by the way, if youre using 3rd party camera app, mind sharing those too? please refrain from posting about filters except for hdr settings on these 3rd party apps, wanna have setting as close as possible for raw capture and what not.

dont bash me for this, if you dont like this, pm me and i will get one of the mods to take this down. thanks.

(as this post ws written, im using the 14376 with the camera app updated to the latest)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss