Hi. AT&T Lumia 950. The screen is dark. Tried soft reset. It reboots, but the screen stays dark. The phone is working with a dark and unresponsive screen. Texts, emails, etc. come thru the phone into the MS band. I can reply to texts from the band. So the phone is definitely working, but the screen seems dead. I can take calls using a BT device.

Also tried removing the battery.

Thanks for your help...
    07-01-2016 06:42 AM
    Hi. AT&T Lumia 950. The screen is dark. Tried soft reset. It reboots, but the screen stays dark. The phone is working with a dark and unresponsive screen. Texts, emails, etc. come thru the phone into the MS band. I can reply to texts from the band. So the phone is definitely working, but the screen seems dead. I can take calls using a BT device.

Also tried removing the battery.

Thanks for your help...
    most likely a hardware issue - have you tried continuum by the way?
    07-01-2016 06:52 AM
    most likely a hardware issue
    Yep. Took it to the Microsoft Store and they immediately replaced it. Awesome support from MS!
    By the way, my other 950 started with the same issue as described by my wife before the screen died. You press the power on, the IR turns on, but it takes a while for the display to turn on, or does not turn on at all. Have to press the power several times. I disabled Windows Hello, and even though still says "looking for you" and the IR turns on, the display fires up right away. This started since the last MS update. Production not Insider.

What I don't understand is if I disabled Windows Hello, why is the IR still firing...
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-05-2016 10:05 AM