Bose IOS or Android version

FiJPM

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
Hello
I recently bought Bose Sound Sport ear buds to listen music while outdoors and I really like them. The sound quality is good, however, as they are the IOS version volume up/down buttons do not work. Not a biggie, but considering the quality of these I am most likely going to purchase QuietComfort? 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling? headphones. Now should I seek for Android (Samsung) version to get the most out of the ear buds?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The pin/wire match ups on iOS are outside the standard arrangement. As usual, Apple "created their own standard" to have manufacturers follow.

You'll likely find more compliance with the "made for Android" version.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
The pin/wire match ups on iOS are outside the standard arrangement. As usual, Apple "created their own standard" to have manufacturers follow.

You'll likely find more compliance with the "made for Android" version.

100% Correct. Some devices are able to auto-detect and adjust themselves correctly to apple's weirdness... and adapters are also sold to move the pins around to make life easy... but it's been about 6-7 years since I needed said adapter and don't remember where to look... The standard was TRRS (tip, ring, ring, sleeve) and was pretty much Left, right mic and ground.... Apple flipped the last 2 just to be annoying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss