Picked up a like new att 950 today for $250! What's the first thing to do? Shows a new update which is downloading now. Should I stick with the current att build or something else?
    ananve likes this.
    07-06-2016 07:18 PM
    I'd first go ham with updates then go ham with Store app updates and then run through all the settings, setting it up as i please and then enjoying.

Whether you want to get onboard the Insider rings is your call. It's safe to get on the Release Preview, but as for Fast and Slow, that's your call. It's not bad, but YMMV.
    07-06-2016 08:32 PM
    This thread may answer some of your questions: http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...elines%5D.html

And create more...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-06-2016 09:34 PM
    Joined the release preview and it's downloading a new update now. So far not real impressed with the official version on att. Will work with it some more but phone seems slow compared to my 6s
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-07-2016 06:42 PM
    but phone seems slow compared to my 6s
    Sounds about right the way things are now.
    libra89 and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-07-2016 11:42 PM
    The update from the release preview seemed to help. Battery seemed better and after the os settled a bit it was pretty quick. There is no doubt the app gap is still an issue and likely always will be. I'm going to use the phone over the weekend and give it a good go. Mainly picked it up to watch progress with the os. Hopefully at some point ms will find a way to get developers involved but sadly I think that ship has sailed.
    Laura Knotek and RumoredNow like this.
    07-08-2016 11:52 AM
    I think the opposite is happening now actually, quite a few of the new apps being released each week are universal i.e. the same app runs on both phone and desktop (though obviously it adjusts the way it looks depending on the platform). This seems to be a growing trend, and was/is a good move by Microsoft. On top of this, some apps even scale properly when using Continuum, which is just cool :)
    RumoredNow and ananve like this.
    07-08-2016 02:41 PM
    I think the opposite is happening now actually, quite a few of the new apps being released each week are universal i.e. the same app runs on both phone and desktop (though obviously it adjusts the way it looks depending on the platform). This seems to be a growing trend, and was/is a good move by Microsoft. On top of this, some apps even scale properly when using Continuum, which is just cool :)
    This ^. I'm not saying it's all rosy, but if you have been following the progression for a while you would see more and more apps (banking, Starbucks, etc.) have and are coming back. Have to give it more time.

If you can, I would suggest hanging on with the 950 for a while and see how it goes. It's now my daily driver and the OS updates are coming along nicely.

Good luck!
    07-08-2016 03:18 PM
    Not only that, the interface is 30 years ahead of competing platforms that basically still have the same dead icons of the very first version of Windows/OS2.
    ananve likes this.
    07-08-2016 03:59 PM
    Well I'll give it a good spin over the weekend. Will have to explore some of the windows apps
    ananve likes this.
    07-08-2016 04:58 PM
    May have to do a hard reset. Constant lag apps crashing etc. Once you get to using it problems have surfaced. Oh well. Takes really nice pics though.
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-08-2016 07:05 PM
    May have to do a hard reset. Constant lag apps crashing etc. Once you get to using it problems have surfaced. Oh well. Takes really nice pics though.
    There may be a lot going on in the background with OS and apps updating. Let it settle in. Believe me, I had the same issue but it's a whole new (better) experience now.
    ananve likes this.
    07-08-2016 07:50 PM
    Would take over 24 hours would it? It's been at home all day, on. Got home tonight and put in my sim and sd card and went out to take some photos around town. Figured it would have had enough time to settle in.
    07-08-2016 08:16 PM
    Before a hard reset, be sure to try soft reset.
    BTW, some apps that aren't designed / updated to win 10 can be unstabled. If that's the case, resetting would not help.
    07-08-2016 09:50 PM
    Thanks everyone. I did do a hard reset. We'll see how it goes this time. Only issue I have now is I can't log in the Windows central app.
    07-08-2016 10:50 PM