Hi,

Over night my 950 has decided to kill itself.
    I've no idea what happened, placed it on the wireless charger like normal and went to sleep. Around 5am I woke up to an odd sound, which turned out to be the phone restarting over and over and thus vibrating... phone is apparently now dead.

Tried removing the battery. Tried power button + volume down. Tried using the power brick charger to bring it back to life. Tried connecting to a PC to see if that would help. Nothing.

Its connected to Windows 10 machine, showing up as QHSUSB_BULK in device manager.
    Windows Device Recovery doesn't even list an image for the 950 in the 'Lumia' section so I can't even try and force a re-flash.

The device was running the OS it came with, I'd not push the insider buttons yet as I didn't want to deal with it... at a guess I'd say last night my phone decided to update to the recently released firmware, but can't swear to it, as it probably happened around 3:30am when I was asleep...

So... help?
    Any idea how I can recover this situation as right now I'm looking at a paper weight and googling for answers is just an exercise in banging my head against a wall right now...

Honestly, at this point, I'm massively regretting upgrading to this (contract, free upgrade) and not going with an iPhone; at least with that I could have walked in to a shop and got things sorted... nothing like that in the UK :|
    07-11-2016 05:26 AM
    Hi, if you have tried the options in the below post to recover your phone then there may be a hardware fault.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...reset-my-phone

There's no need for it to be a 'paper weight' as it will be under warranty.
    Why don't you get it replaced by your provider?

Just out of interest I am in the UK, what part are you?
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-11-2016 06:40 AM
    Well, whoever sold you the phone should provide you with details for how to get it fixed.
    07-11-2016 06:42 AM
    Yeah, just going to get it exchanged as I'm inside the 30 days still... ta anyway.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    07-11-2016 08:27 AM
    Never disconnect the Energy while updating - always try it by software intervention as you did with Volume down and the on off switch so the software can react and stop the update process when possible - which can take a long time.
    07-11-2016 12:32 PM
    Same thing happened to my 2 year old 830 while charging.

I'm extremely curious what would cause a new phone like a 950 to fart out like that? Corrupted hardware, bad chips?
    If so, it isn't anything restricted to Windows Phone - could just as easily happened with an iphone; if a piece of bad hardware were to blame.
    07-11-2016 09:18 PM
    I have the same situation with my Lumia 950.A few days before my mobile started to reboot itself. I thought it was because of software updating failure, so I hard reset it.But now whenever I try tried to power on the phone, first it shows Microsoft logo then another pic of loading software but after that sad smiley face is showing then reboots itself.If anyone knows what the issue is please help.
    11-14-2017 09:41 AM
    I have the same situation with my Lumia 950.A few days before my mobile started to reboot itself. I thought it was because of software updating failure, so I hard reset it.But now whenever I try tried to power on the phone, first it shows Microsoft logo then another pic of loading software but after that sad smiley face is showing then reboots itself.If anyone knows what the issue is please help.
    Try Windows Device Recovery Tool. https://forums.windowscentral.com/ge...e/411618-2.htm
    11-15-2017 10:13 AM