How do I take and insert a photo using Onenote without having to use another app/program?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I want to insert a photograph into onenote that was captured through Onenote. I dont want to have to take it using the camera app, save it to the computer, and then insert the file. I can do this feature using onenote on my L950, but I cant find that function in the W10 desktop app.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I don't completely understand "into onenote that was captured through Onenote"?

But ON PC:

OneNote > Insert > Record Video. (than you could take a Screen Shot of the Video)

I just DRAG from: File Explorer/Email Attachment/Phone; and DROP onto a Onenote page, on my PC.

OR, better yet, On Phone:

use OFFICE LENS app, it takes a Picture and Saves it directly to OneNote.

Last edited:

Jonathan Bernard

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
I want to use OneNote to capture the picture and have it place the image into the notebook. I don't want to have to use the separate camera app to do that. It's very similar to how OneNote captures video and then inserts it into the notebook.

Also, I know how to do this with video, but is there a way to flip the camera from front to back? It defaults to the front camera facing me

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I want to use OneNote to capture the picture and have it place the image into the notebook. I don't want to have to use the separate camera app to do that. It's very similar to how OneNote captures video and then inserts it into the notebook.

Also, I know how to do this with video, but is there a way to flip the camera from front to back? It defaults to the front camera facing me

I see.

Again, Office Lens App (for use with the Main Camera) would work.

For Selfie (front camera), I don't know, Office Lens doesn't use the front camera.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

OK,

in the Action Center Menu (Swipe Down), you should have an affixed NOTE TAB > Tap and HOLD on Onenote page that will appear > a contextual menu will appear at bottom of Onenote page (and above keyboard) > on that menu is a camera Icon > it take your pic (front or rear facing) it gets saved to OneNote automatically.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes