HD Voice, AT&T & The 950?

Jeff Merritt1

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
HD Voice, AT&T & The 950

For some reason even if I am showing full bars on LTE it will always drop to 4G and I will not get HD Voice...any help would be great...

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: HD Voice, AT&T & The 950

For some reason even if I am showing full bars on LTE it will always drop to 4G and I will not get HD Voice...any help would be great...

I believe it does this when you are on an HD Voice call. That way you can still use data on the phone, while talking.

kltye

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: HD Voice, AT&T & The 950

I find that the phone loses its VoLTE registration randomly, and it can take a few tries to fix. Here are some things to do, in order of ascending complexity:

1) Reboot the phone :p
2) Settings --> Network & Wireless --> Cellular & SIM --> Scroll down, SIM Settings (no idea if there's an easier way to get to this). Do you have "Enhanced 4G LTE Services"? If yes, is it registered? Toggle the on/off switch and see if that gets the phone to register.
3) If you don't have "Enhanced 4G LTE Services", then you'll have to power off the phone, take out the SIM, power on, wait a minute or so, then power off. Re-insert the SIM, power on, and with any luck you'll get the "SIM settings have changed" prompt, and then reboot the phone. Double check the settings for Enhanced 4G LTE Services, and you should be registered then.

Hope that helps!

Albatross2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: HD Voice, AT&T & The 950?

I have the unlocked dual sim 950, not the AT&T branded version. I am on the AT&T network. I believe my phone is fully capable of using VoLTE for HD Voice, however I don't believe it is properly provisioned (if that's the right term) to take advantage. I did spend some time on the phone with customer service several months ago trying to get them to set this up for me, but in the end I was not successful.

Has anyone got AT&T to provision their unlocked 950 or XL for HD Voice? If so, what are the magic words to tell customer service?

Groover1971

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: HD Voice, AT&T & The 950?

Sometimes we get HD Voice on our three 950's on AT&T. The first time that we heard it, we were kinda freaked out. It sounds extremely clear. I think I heard it talking to a coworker the other day and he has an iPhone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster