Posting this here because it has to do with this phone specifically, although it likely applies to others. My wife is a journalist that uses the recorder frequently. However, on occasion it would be better to have a mic to use to help with directional recording. Is there a mic anyone has used, and is it specific to phones?
    07-23-2016 11:54 AM
    Posting this here because it has to do with this phone specifically, although it likely applies to others. My wife is a journalist that uses the recorder frequently. However, on occasion it would be better to have a mic to use to help with directional recording. Is there a mic anyone has used, and is it specific to phones?
    there was a thread on this a few weeks back: http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...t-working.html

this seems promising: http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...mia-950-a.html
    07-23-2016 02:06 PM
    I have a Shure SM85, have used it with PC with an XLR-USB adapter, i've been dying to test it with the phone but I haven't been able to get my hands on a USB-C OTG cable yet... When I do I'll report back.
    07-23-2016 02:42 PM
    Originally posted by daimv
    I have a Shure SM85, have used it with PC with an XLR-USB adapter, i've been dying to test it with the phone but I haven't been able to get my hands on a USB-C OTG cable yet... When I do I'll report back.
    Oops I meant SM58
    07-23-2016 02:43 PM
    To record herself talking or someone else??

It has been a while, so I'll have to dig up my equipment, but if she's recording herself, headphones with an inline mic "should" work with voice recorder (again, it's been a while, i don't remember if i did it with the 950 or my old 830)
    if it's to record someone else.... again in the "should work" category, using a headphone/mic splitter may work (again, i did it with either my 830 or 950)

I just got back from SDCC, so it may take a few days for me to have time to dig up everything to test with....
    07-25-2016 11:56 AM