I Still Don't Have Double Tap to Wake

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I switched to the Insider Fast Ring and I installed 14393.3 on my Unlocked 950 DS.

I did not do a Reset but my phone appears to be running fine. Should I be concerned?

I don't have double-tab to Wake yet and I noticed recently that "Hey Cortana" no longer works when the phone is in sleep mode.

Should I remain in the Fast Ring or switch to Slow or Release Preview?

Thanks for your comments.

-Rich

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Good info in this article from a week ago. You could use the WDRT to get the firmware for double tap to wake but it's like doing a hard reset and since it's probably coming within the week OTA, I'd wait. Hopefully it will fix your Hey Cortana issue, too.

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I switched back to the Release Preview. Should I automatically receive the new Firmware on August 2nd?

I am now running OS 14393.5.

Will I also receive the Official (RTM) release OS?

Thanks.

-Rich

Good info in this article from a week ago. You could use the WDRT to get the firmware for double tap to wake but it's like doing a hard reset and since it's probably coming within the week OTA, I'd wait. Hopefully it will fix your Hey Cortana issue, too.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I switched back to the Release Preview. Should I automatically receive the new Firmware on August 2nd?

I am now running OS 14393.5.

Will I also receive the Official (RTM) release OS?

Thanks.

-Rich
Yes, you'll get the firmware automatically when available, even if the official OS build is the same as the one you have.

richv77

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Update: I downloaded and installed the latest Firmware yesterday and now double-tab to Wake works fine.
Also, Hey Cortana now works again from the Lock screen.

-Rich

Yes, you'll get the firmware automatically when available, even if the official OS build is the same as the one you have.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro