Wireless Charger

DodgeSxt04

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the old wireless charger from lumia 920.It's the dt-900.it takes forever to charge my phone.ive been charhring it at work and its barely moving. does anyone have any experience with any of wireless ones on amazon or can recommend any. i didn't want to spend $60.00 on the dt-904. but if it is the only one that works well I will get it. Thanks in advance.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I use 2 dt-900's and while yes, it's a slow charger, it's convenience has helped a lot for me at work and home. i walk to my desk, drop the 950 onto it and that's where it lives when I am at my desk, which is at most 2 hours a day....

If you want fast charging, you are probably better off going wired.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I also use dt-900 from my 920 days. One thing I've been noticing is that charging speed seems to be more sensitive to positioning of my 950 than with the 920. Try aligning the middle of the phone to that of the charger more carefully.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm also using 2 dt-900 chargers (1 at work and 1 at home). Sure its not the quickest but they work just fine. I'm a bit skeptical of fast charging. It seems to really heat up the battery and I'm pretty sure that's not good in the long run. Id rather go slow and steady, save the fast charge cable for those rare occasions when I need it.

jeffgeno

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Originally posted by TK2011
I also use dt-900 from my 920 days. One thing I've been noticing is that charging speed seems to be more sensitive to positioning of my 950 than with the 920. Try aligning the middle of the phone to that of the charger more carefully.

I've found this to be the case as well, especially with the Mozo cover. I've found the perfect spot to be with the bottom edge of the phone lined up with the edge of the charging pad housing the LED.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I've found this to be the case as well, especially with the Mozo cover. I've found the perfect spot to be with the bottom edge of the phone lined up with the edge of the charging pad housing the LED.

I normally slide mine up a little more than a quarter of an inch for a more stable connect (lining it up at the bottom perfectly seemed to not always charge for me)

karelj

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Wireless chargers provide an output of 1A, so unless you have a phone that is equipped for fast wireless charging - as well as the fast wireless charger - you will see lengthy charge times. I only use my wireless charger overnight or to keep my 950 'topped off' next to my couch.

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the old wireless charger from lumia 920.It's the dt-900.it takes forever to charge my phone.ive been charhring it at work and its barely moving. does anyone have any experience with any of wireless ones on amazon or can recommend any. i didn't want to spend $60.00 on the dt-904. but if it is the only one that works well I will get it. Thanks in advance.

I am using Dt 904 and it works great with lumia 950...I would say buy the 904

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

maxmin

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I have the DT 910 charging stand and I have noticed erratic charging on my recently acquired 950. A couple things have improved charging for me.

Make sure the contacts for wireless charging inside the back cover are clean. Best way to do this is take a small eraser and gently rub both the small contacts on the inside of the back cover and the pins on the back of the phone. There are 2 sets of these. One for the wireless charging and one for the NFC coil. May as well do both.

When placing the phone on the charging stand positioning is important. The coils must be centered for best charging. Unfortunately, the new 950 doesn't have the warning signal that my 830 had when it wasn't positioned for good charging. The 830 would make the charging ding every few seconds if it wasn't positioned well. I don't know if this is a hardware shortcoming of the 950 or a Win 10 feature that was missed. Perhaps someone with a functioning 830 and Win 10 can check this out..

Last edited:

natna

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
My 950 (anniversary b***s**t) win10 with Nokia dt-903 gets very hot . Both plate and phone. It overheats and stops the charging untill it cools down. Then it starts charging and so on.

It's a massive problem with 950xl after the anniversary update.
I'm so dissappointed.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
My 950 (anniversary b***s**t) win10 with Nokia dt-903 gets very hot . Both plate and phone. It overheats and stops the charging untill it cools down. Then it starts charging and so on.

It's a massive problem with 950xl after the anniversary update.
I'm so dissappointed.

I don't think it's au specifically.... as I have had that randomly on one 1 of my dt-900's since I got my 950 (day 1 in the US, AT&T). my other one has had zero issues at all.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
How long does it take to charge to 100% ? I started at 10% and seven Hours later it was only at 93%.

Is that normal? I usually quick charge in the evening for a short time seeing as with Windows 10 battery life is getting shorter rather that longer......I have an urge to rant but will restrain myself. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234