Microphone Issues

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Anybody having any mic issues? I have 950 DS, unlocked. It is under warranty, and I'm getting ready to ship it off to MS. Just thought I'd check first.

It's on 14393.5 currently, but this problem popped up a few updates ago. I'm not sure if it broke under an update, or just broke. Speaker phone works fine, but folks on the other end, on every phone call now, complain that the audio quality is so bad, they can't understand me.

I'm going to use recovery tool to install the latest non-insider software, and wipe it clean. I'll see if that fixes it prior to shipping.

Just curious if anyone else has had any mic issues.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
skype and WhatsApp? never made a call with either one of those. :)

going to bite the bullet and restore and see what happens.

well, if you had tried with whatsapp or skype and the audio was heard properly, I would have said the mic is okay but your SIM or carrier is at fault

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
figured. this just came about, and the sim works fine in an 830 I have as a backup. I rolled back a few versions of firmware - if that doesn't do it, then it's off to MS.

thanks

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
over the past few weeks, I've gotten several updates. I did not do any hard resets with any of them. Along the way, the antenna seemed to lose capability (no service in places where I've always had it), in addition to the mic quality going bad. The latest was 14393.5.

So, I rolled back using WDRT (don't remember the version - 10586 I think). I then updated to 14393 in one update ( as opposed to the many incremental ones), did a hard reset, and then restored from a backup.

So far, so good. Antenna is better, and mic seems to be ok.

I'll test it for another week before my warranty return request expires and see how it goes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb