09-23-2016 03:20 PM
64 123
tools
    You'd think with it hitting WDRT last Friday, that it would be available OTA by now (Wednesday).

I though, in the past, it was usually just 24-48 hours between the 2 releases? And I've been giving them the benefit of doubt since it was released just before a weekend.

Flip the switch already!
    09-14-2016 11:45 AM
    I used the WDRT to get it on my lumia 950 over the weekend. I did a back-up on my phone to restore everything once I got the new firmware. So far its been working great. The gadgets app isn't working though, but wifi, and Bluetooth are working good.
    09-14-2016 12:00 PM
    I am having an issue with the WDRT. It detects my Lumia 950 at the beginning, but after clicking on my device, clicking on "Install Software" (to the new firmware), clicking "Continue" on the screen where it has the warning/disclaimer, typing in something as to why I'm installing the software and hitting "Submit", I keep getting this same error during the download: "Error. Device not found. Exception of type 'Microsoft.WindowsDeviceRecoveryTool.Model.Exceptions.DeviceNotFoundException' was thrown."

I have completely uninstalled the program twice, choosing the links to download WDRT on WindowsCentral's recent articles (when it talks about WDRT), installing it fine; even tried just repairing the program once... still, error persists. It recognizes my device initially, why is it throwing this error?
    09-19-2016 06:31 PM
    I got tired of waiting as well and used the recovery tool.

While I really did it hoping it would fix my Wi-Fi connection problems, the double tap to wake actually works better than any of my previous Windows phones. Really glad I did it so far.
    JohnStrk likes this.
    09-19-2016 08:24 PM
    I am having an issue with the WDRT. It detects my Lumia 950 at the beginning, but after clicking on my device, clicking on "Install Software" (to the new firmware), clicking "Continue" on the screen where it has the warning/disclaimer, typing in something as to why I'm installing the software and hitting "Submit", I keep getting this same error during the download: "Error. Device not found. Exception of type 'Microsoft.WindowsDeviceRecoveryTool.Model.Exceptions.DeviceNotFoundException' was thrown."

I have completely uninstalled the program twice, choosing the links to download WDRT on WindowsCentral's recent articles (when it talks about WDRT), installing it fine; even tried just repairing the program once... still, error persists. It recognizes my device initially, why is it throwing this error?
    using the cable that came with the 950? try a different USB port? different PC?
    09-19-2016 09:44 PM
    the waiting may be over... i just got a "MICROSOFTMDG" update on my AT&T 950... restarting now.
    JohnStrk likes this.
    09-20-2016 12:22 PM
    the waiting may be over... i just got a "MICROSOFTMDG" update on my AT&T 950... restarting now.
    I can confirm the update! Downloading now. Thanks for the headsup!!

wp_ss_20160920_0001.jpg
    09-20-2016 12:56 PM
    Woot!

Although I have a sinking feeling that non ATT phones just received a new update that we will have to wait another 3 months to get ;)
    09-20-2016 03:20 PM
    as long as it's not firmware related, we shouldn't have to wait that long
    09-20-2016 04:01 PM
    I appreciate the assistance. The cable that came with the Lumia 950, unfortunately, wouldn't work as the one side is hard-plugged into a charger. I tried various USB ports (as I know some can go bad or just driver issues, etc.), but after 4 different ports it was to no avail. If the issue happens again, yeah, I'll try another PC. Thankfully AT&T pushed it OTA, but that was really weird that I couldn't do this using Microsoft's program... what if I had a real issue and my phone was bricked?

Anyway, thank you for trying to help!
    09-23-2016 11:23 AM
    using the cable that came with the 950? try a different USB port? different PC?
    I appreciate the assistance. The cable that came with the Lumia 950, unfortunately, wouldn't work as the one side is hard-plugged into a charger. I tried various USB ports (as I know some can go bad or just driver issues, etc.), but after 4 different ports it was to no avail. If the issue happens again, yeah, I'll try another PC. Thankfully AT&T pushed it OTA, but that was really weird that I couldn't do this using Microsoft's program... what if I had a real issue and my phone was bricked?

Anyway, thank you for trying to help!
    09-23-2016 11:24 AM
    I appreciate the assistance. The cable that came with the Lumia 950, unfortunately, wouldn't work as the one side is hard-plugged into a charger.
    Your 950 didn't come with a USB A to C cable in box besides the charger? Mine did, and it's listed in the box contents.
    09-23-2016 11:55 AM
    As Ashram mentioned, mine came with both a USB A-C cable and the charger with hard wired USB C cable.
    09-23-2016 01:33 PM
    Your 950 didn't come with a USB A to C cable in box besides the charger? Mine did, and it's listed in the box contents.
    Huh... Okay, it seems I got shafted then haha. I could be mis-remembering, but I swear I only got the charging cable with the USB Type C hardwired into the charger 'cause I was thinking "Wow, so are they trying to really promote the whole 'You don't need another PC as THIS is your new PC with Continuum!'. I bought it first day it came out back last November, so I could be mistaken. Either way, I only have one USB A to C cable and that's the one I tried with.
    09-23-2016 03:20 PM
64 123