waiting on At&T 950 firmware

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I have an AT&T Lumia 950 with the latest Anniversary Update SW. I just hooked it up to WDRT and I noticed that it shows older software but there is a newer firmware out there. Have you guys noticed this?

Or do I have really old firmware myself (I did all the updates and I have always been on Release Preview ring).

Or is what's displayed on WDRT older firmware that I am not reading right (I thought the number is higher than mine.)

View attachment 130271

Ermagherd, that's the new firmware! Maybe it will be released OTA in the next day or 2???
I'm on the same firmware listed on your device, 01078.00038.16025.39033...

x20oyRJ.jpg

Sent from mTalk

dashrendar

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Great, thanks for confirming!

But why does it still have the old OS on their servers? I thought AU and the new firmware complemented each other.

Didn't AU get released to AT&T devices as well? Why doesn't WDRT show that?

By the way, the WDRT is not displaying my OS version properly. My OS build is: 10.0.14393.105

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
That's a little puzzling to me as well. I am on a preview build (jumped off a couple of weeks back), but thought the ATT950 was already on the AU (10.0.14393.xxx)

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I decided to use WDRT to install the new firmware while I watched football over the weekend. I then updated to the AU .105. WiFi issue is now fixed. The phone heats up less than it did, but still can get very warm when using Edge. Overall phone seems about the same but I don't have to restart it several times a day to get my wifi to work anymore.

Jopl

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Any issues using maps navigation and bluetooth? Does it freeze when connected to bluetooth? This is the biggest frustration for me.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that I'm having any Bluetooth issues, but I haven't used it enough to say for sure. WiFi has been great.

I did get some weird directions in the Maps app (it was telling me to go past my destination and then make a u-turn to come back to it). This happened within the first hour of having updated my phone, so it may not have indexed the downloaded maps yet. I haven't had any weirdness since then.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
You'd think with it hitting WDRT last Friday, that it would be available OTA by now (Wednesday).

I though, in the past, it was usually just 24-48 hours between the 2 releases? And I've been giving them the benefit of doubt since it was released just before a weekend.

Flip the switch already!

steeler4life

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I used the WDRT to get it on my lumia 950 over the weekend. I did a back-up on my phone to restore everything once I got the new firmware. So far its been working great. The gadgets app isn't working though, but wifi, and Bluetooth are working good.

unmorphed

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I got tired of waiting as well and used the recovery tool.

While I really did it hoping it would fix my Wi-Fi connection problems, the double tap to wake actually works better than any of my previous Windows phones. Really glad I did it so far.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I am having an issue with the WDRT. It detects my Lumia 950 at the beginning, but after clicking on my device, clicking on "Install Software" (to the new firmware), clicking "Continue" on the screen where it has the warning/disclaimer, typing in something as to why I'm installing the software and hitting "Submit", I keep getting this same error during the download: "Error. Device not found. Exception of type 'Microsoft.WindowsDeviceRecoveryTool.Model.Exceptions.DeviceNotFoundException' was thrown."

I have completely uninstalled the program twice, choosing the links to download WDRT on WindowsCentral's recent articles (when it talks about WDRT), installing it fine; even tried just repairing the program once... still, error persists. It recognizes my device initially, why is it throwing this error?

using the cable that came with the 950? try a different USB port? different PC?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Woot!

Although I have a sinking feeling that non ATT phones just received a new update that we will have to wait another 3 months to get ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss