waiting on At&T 950 firmware

cory1717

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
hopfully this comes quick ! I'm on the latest redstone build and my wifi drops all the time or just stops working and i need DTTW

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
not so much a trick, but sometimes WDRT gets a firmware before AT&T pushes it OTA.... downside being you have to hard reset your device to take advantage of it (wish wdrt could be used for offline upgrades)

I don't think the AT&T variant has had the firmware released on WDRT, but I could be wrong (and I don't have a usb-c cable on me)

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
yeah, considering the anniversary edition for mobile was delayed, maybe it delayed at&t's push of the firmware (purely speculation)

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I also have not seen the anniversary update come through yet. Thought it was due no later than the 16th...hmmmm.

I thought I read somewhere recently that the carriers would or should release it about a week after MS officially released it. But knowing AT&T I fear this will turn into the Lumia 830 DENIM fiasco pretty quick. Might have to start bugging them on Twitter again!! :eck:

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I actually got the firmware with a branded carrier from another country! I thought it would never happen, but it did! Now I am happier and have double tap to wake. Looks like AT&T is really bad lol

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting ready to break out the pitch forks / torches and head to my local ATT store since I still don't have the firmware update either.

angry-mob-at-frankenstein-castle.jpg

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Well I spoke to an ATT rep and his exact words were "We are very slow with firmware and updates to make sure they're not being released as broken. You didn't hear that from me though."

stocktiki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know when 10.0.10586.545 was pushed by AT&T to the 950? Microsoft signed off and released that version of Windows 10 Mobile on Aug. 10, 2016.

If we know how long it took AT&T to release 10586.545 - that might give us a bit of an idea of how long it might take to get 10.0.14393.82, which was released by Microsoft on 8/16/2016.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Unless you get a response from someone that works DIRECTLY with the firmware testing, all AT&T frontline support will do is give you speculation. Their job is to get you off the phone as quickly as possible with a satisfactory answer.

In all honestly, it's ULTRA rare for anyone to get an exact, correct answer from AT&T for a firmware release. I have only seen it once, and it was because someone started arbitration with AT&T (for the Lumia 830, AT&T sat on it's firmware for 5 months based on it's build date)

While AT&T will still put Windows Mobile up for sale, support is a joke.

squimjay

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
This whole process is ridiculous considering that unlocked 950's with the new firmware can access their network without the firmware update. What a waste of everybody's time. What purpose does that serve?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo