Redstone - music controls appearing briefly on lockscreen

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
hi, I'm rocking the Redstone anniversary update on the release preview of my Lumia 950.

A lot of little things have changed, and I've just seen that MS have brought back the music controls for lock screen like the old WP7 days. Brilliant, I say, but unfortunately, they only appear for ~1 second before being replaced by a message to 'swipe up to unlock'. I can see this getting really irritating, as I'm sure that most users can work out how to unlock their own phone after a few goes and it makes the clean interfaceofmerlyknownasmetro look a bit crap when they could present all sorts of more useful text.

I don't suppose anyone has found a way of removing this 'helpful' text, or getting the music controls to stay in place?

PHuba

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by northernpipeman
I've just seen that MS have brought back the music controls for lock screen like the old WP7 days. Brilliant, I say, but unfortunately, they only appear for ~1 second before being replaced by a message to 'swipe up to unlock'.
This indeed makes the feature quite useless.
Note: It is far from perfect but hitting volume control on the phone also shows some volume and music control - not the solution but can help.

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, my music controls do not go away on mine, they stay there till the screen times out. The only time I get that "Swipe Up To Unlock" message is when I have it hooked up to my computer, and it wants me to unlock to sync.

PHuba

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Interesting, my music controls do not go away on mine, they stay there till the screen times out. The only time I get that "Swipe Up To Unlock" message is when I have it hooked up to my computer, and it wants me to unlock to sync.
Right, thanks! I think the deal is if you have Windows Hello, Iris recognition enabled, the controls will appear for a second or so than be replaced by the recognition message and the invitation to (swipe and) enter your pin code if you are not recognized. I deactivated this authentication method on my phone and indeed, controls remain.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos