hi, I'm rocking the Redstone anniversary update on the release preview of my Lumia 950.

A lot of little things have changed, and I've just seen that MS have brought back the music controls for lock screen like the old WP7 days. Brilliant, I say, but unfortunately, they only appear for ~1 second before being replaced by a message to 'swipe up to unlock'. I can see this getting really irritating, as I'm sure that most users can work out how to unlock their own phone after a few goes and it makes the clean interfaceofmerlyknownasmetro look a bit crap when they could present all sorts of more useful text.

I don't suppose anyone has found a way of removing this 'helpful' text, or getting the music controls to stay in place?
    PHuba likes this.
    08-01-2016 05:31 AM
    Originally posted by northernpipeman
    I've just seen that MS have brought back the music controls for lock screen like the old WP7 days. Brilliant, I say, but unfortunately, they only appear for ~1 second before being replaced by a message to 'swipe up to unlock'.
    This indeed makes the feature quite useless.
    Note: It is far from perfect but hitting volume control on the phone also shows some volume and music control - not the solution but can help.
    08-02-2016 01:36 AM
    Interesting, my music controls do not go away on mine, they stay there till the screen times out. The only time I get that "Swipe Up To Unlock" message is when I have it hooked up to my computer, and it wants me to unlock to sync.
    PHuba likes this.
    08-02-2016 09:15 PM
    Interesting, my music controls do not go away on mine, they stay there till the screen times out. The only time I get that "Swipe Up To Unlock" message is when I have it hooked up to my computer, and it wants me to unlock to sync.
    Right, thanks! I think the deal is if you have Windows Hello, Iris recognition enabled, the controls will appear for a second or so than be replaced by the recognition message and the invitation to (swipe and) enter your pin code if you are not recognized. I deactivated this authentication method on my phone and indeed, controls remain.
    northernpipeman likes this.
    08-02-2016 11:55 PM