unlock 950

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
so if I buy a unlock 950 I'm stuck with what ever os is on there. windows will not be updating the phone.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Factory Unlocked or (Branded) Locked to a carrier....They both get WaaS (Windows as a Service) updates to the OS in W10M.

Firmware is the difference. Unlocked phones get the firmware directly from Microsoft with less delay than carrier approval on branded devices.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
In addition to the above, you can always put the Insider app on your phone, and you'll have the latest software before everyone else.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
another addition: Even if the phone is SIM unlocked, you have to wait for the branded carrier for firmware updates. OS updates are still direct from MS. (for a bit, some people thought if you sim unlocked your phone that is was the same as a factory unlock, it's not)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
this unlock buying from MS

So a Factory Unlocked model. It would get OS and Firmware straight from Microsoft. No OEM or Carrier delays.

Is there a reason you don't think Microsoft will continue updating it? It should be green lights all the way.

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
So a Factory Unlocked model. It would get OS and Firmware straight from Microsoft. No OEM or Carrier delays.

Is there a reason you don't think Microsoft will continue updating it? It should be green lights all the way.

with the app situation low market shares not sure if they were going to fold

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
with the app situation low market shares not sure if they were going to fold

I believe that Microsoft is fully committed to W10M. It only makes sense in light of what they need to do in order to keep the company viable for the future of computing.

However, all the press pundits are dancing around celebrating the "death of Windows Phone" so it is hard to have confidence. Place your $ with your faith.

ep1

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I like windows 10 had a few right now I have the BB z30 I guess isn't much better. in life cycle
looking at the 640?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro