Any issues with Lumia 950 Unlocked on AT&T?

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Looking to buy another Lumia 950. AT&T has it for $300, while MS Store has the unlocked one for $400 with a free dock.

My normal preference would be unlocked, but I remember reading of some issues using the unlocked one on AT&T around time of release. That's why my current one is the AT&T branded version.

I'm interested in the dock, so the pricing is just about a wash.

As best as I can recall, the issues were:

(1) Visual Voice Mail not working
(2) People who did not have an AT&T SIM already were having trouble activating the phone
(3) Also something to do with the dual SIM capability

Any other oddities or issues I should be aware of using the unlocked version on AT&T? Have these issues been fixed?

Thanks!!

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
VVM works fine
Activation should be a breeze
Dual sims will work, but not after Jan 1 2017. ATT is shutting down the 2g/Edge network, thus killing the non primary/data sim. So in other words it will be a single sim phone
You also wont have LTE calling, that is only for branded devices.

BillP-MO

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
Problems I have, can't seem to get the latest firmware update, while speaking on phone, the other party's voice becomes garbled and we can no longer talk - attempt to hang up is very slow at this point. Sometimes voicemail just disappears, requiring a re-start to get them back. AT&T's site doesn't seem able to identify the phone - this has been taken up with their tech support with no resolution as yet. Yeah, AT&T doesn't like unlocked phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3