08-15-2016 06:24 PM
69 123
tools
    ... sold 3 phones over the weekend ... my M8, 735, and one of my 830's so I thought why not get a 950? ...
    libra89 and Guytronic like this.
    08-09-2016 05:56 PM
    Damn, how much did they go for? That is a lot of good phones to let go. Dont you have emotions Mark? O_O

I have never sold a phone in my life.

-- W
    08-09-2016 06:07 PM
    ...was kinda hard to let the M8 go --- but I've got enough devices. Still have a 925 and 830, 2 Androids and an iPhone 6s. Sold the M8 for $125, $50 for the 735, and $100 for the 830. Still want the upcoming Alcatel Idol Pro 4 and for sure the next Microsoft flagship.
    libra89 and Guytronic like this.
    08-09-2016 06:12 PM
    ...here's how I'm imagining setting up the 950 ... I'll open up the box, install battery and SIM, plug into WDRT to get latest firmware, wait most of the day to get all updates/installing/activating yada yada --- phone will burn my desktop during process --- By Sunday it will have cooled down some -- then I'll do a hard reset ....... so I may be ready to use the phone in a week lol.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-09-2016 06:22 PM
    I had major sms/mms issues when I first bought an unlocked 950 and tried using it on TMO.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...any-fixes.html

As long as you have the internet APN set as fast.tmobile.com everything else should eventually work. The issues I had in the above thread resolved themselves after a couple days of use. I'm guessing it just had something to do with the Tmobile network catching up to my using a technically unsupported device.

Also, I'm sure someone has mentioned this in a previous post but it seems to help if you have the simcard in during the setup process.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-10-2016 10:17 AM
    ...here's how I'm imagining setting up the 950 ... I'll open up the box, install battery and SIM, plug into WDRT to get latest firmware, wait most of the day to get all updates/installing/activating yada yada --- phone will burn my desktop during process --- By Sunday it will have cooled down some -- then I'll do a hard reset ....... so I may be ready to use the phone in a week lol.
    Sounds like you are ready to go \o/ I was surprised to see that this 950 was just one update behind, rather than many behind. It might surprise you.

I had major sms/mms issues when I first bought an unlocked 950 and tried using it on TMO.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mic...any-fixes.html

As long as you have the internet APN set as fast.tmobile.com everything else should eventually work. The issues I had in the above thread resolved themselves after a couple days of use. I'm guessing it just had something to do with the Tmobile network catching up to my using a technically unsupported device.

Also, I'm sure someone has mentioned this in a previous post but it seems to help if you have the simcard in during the setup process.
    Thanks for this. I did. Wow, days?! That's serious. I have never had to wait that long, and I have used a decent amount of phones that T-mobile doesn't have, such as the 735, blu win hd lte, 550, and I'm forgetting some for sure. It usually worked after I fixed it.

Just glad that it's working (for you and me), hopefully it will continue to. After this experience, I have no intentions on resetting this phone...unless it's to say goodbye.
    mark233 and Guytronic like this.
    08-10-2016 11:36 AM
    Sounds like you are ready to go \o/ I was surprised to see that this 950 was just one update behind, rather than many behind. It might surprise you.

Thanks for this. I did. Wow, days?! That's serious. I have never had to wait that long, and I have used a decent amount of phones that T-mobile doesn't have, such as the 735, blu win hd lte, 550, and I'm forgetting some for sure. It usually worked after I fixed it.

Just glad that it's working (for you and me), hopefully it will continue to. After this experience, I have no intentions on resetting this phone...unless it's to say goodbye.
    No prob! And yes, days... I have and do use a bunch of phones on tmobile as well and never had the initial setup issues with texts as I did with the 950. Glad its working for you and hopfully it continues to do so.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-10-2016 11:42 AM
    Dont count your eggs before they hatch Libra. The inevitable hard reset can strike any of us. At any time. Its like the curse of the gods, hurtled at you at whimsical fancy. Especially a RedStone fancy! But yes, hopefully you dont have to. I have my fingers crossed for that as well. :)

-- W
    libra89 likes this.
    08-10-2016 12:28 PM
    Got a couple of phone cases delivered today...a Tudia and an Amzer ... phone with Mozo black case will be here Friday ... gettin' all kinda excited
    Guytronic and libra89 like this.
    08-10-2016 06:10 PM
    You want to show the cases and share the love brother? :) ^_^

-- W
    08-10-2016 07:33 PM
    Tudia
    tudia.jpg

Amzer
    amzer.jpg

Mozo
    mozo.jpg
    Guytronic, libra89 and Werentuckl like this.
    08-10-2016 07:54 PM
    Got a couple of phone cases delivered today...a Tudia and an Amzer ... phone with Mozo black case will be here Friday ... gettin' all kinda excited
    Nice choices for the cases! So I'm really looking to your first impressions of the 950 and general experience. Hopefully you wouldn't have my issues xd
    08-12-2016 07:24 PM
    OK I'll be brief. Phone got delivered last night at 7:30pm.

I put in my t-mobile SIM, plugged the phone to charge.

Had to get to 40% before new firmware and latest OS could install (not on Insider).

Let it do it's thing overnight.

This morning got the phone set up to my liking.

SMS/MMS worked out of the box. T-Mobile 4G LTE there.

T-Mobile visual voicemail is there --- double tap to wake is there.

My initial thoughts: Gorgeous display, fast and responsive. Pairing the phone via Bluetooth and Microsoft SYNC in my Focus ST was a snap.
    The TUDIA case will be the one I use. It does add a little bulk but not overly. Raised camera area on the back of the case keeps the phone up a bit and speaker is not muffled when phone is placed down. Raised edge on front protects screen from touching surface when phone is placed display side down. ..... So far I'm really liking this and for sure will be the one I use daily for now.
    libra89 and Werentuckl like this.
    08-13-2016 10:19 AM
    I like that you had such a seamless experience of it mark. I guess this confirms that the more likelier candidates for MMS/Internet/Data/Sharing issues then are the ones that are Dual Sim variants of the 950 then. A few more quick reviews and we can comfortably arrive at a convincing resolution to the question. :)

-- W
    libra89 and mark233 like this.
    08-13-2016 10:35 AM
    OK I'll be brief. Phone got delivered last night at 7:30pm.

I put in my t-mobile SIM, plugged the phone to charge.

Had to get to 40% before new firmware and latest OS could install (not on Insider).

Let it do it's thing overnight.

This morning got the phone set up to my liking.

SMS/MMS worked out of the box. T-Mobile 4G LTE there.

T-Mobile visual voicemail is there --- double tap to wake is there.

My initial thoughts: Gorgeous display, fast and responsive. Pairing the phone via Bluetooth and Microsoft SYNC in my Focus ST was a snap.
    The TUDIA case will be the one I use. It does add a little bulk but not overly. Raised camera area on the back of the case keeps the phone up a bit and speaker is not muffled when phone is placed down. Raised edge on front protects screen from touching surface when phone is placed display side down. ..... So far I'm really liking this and for sure will be the one I use daily for now.
    Yay! Thanks for sharing so fast. Glad that you are liking it.

Sent from mTalk
    mark233 and Werentuckl like this.
    08-13-2016 10:42 AM
    The TUDIA case is a quality case. Really liking it. Matte finish all over.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-13-2016 09:29 PM
    The TUDIA case is a quality case. Really liking it. Matte finish all over.
    Nice!

I was going to type that you might be a lucky one Mark for having visual voicemail work, but I went into settings and I see that it is turned off o_o Thanks for posting about the visual voicemail part, lol. So what happened with the Mozo back? Are you not impressed, indifferent?
    08-15-2016 07:46 AM
    Nice!

I was going to type that you might be a lucky one Mark for having visual voicemail work, but I went into settings and I see that it is turned off o_o Thanks for posting about the visual voicemail part, lol. So what happened with the Mozo back? Are you not impressed, indifferent?
    The MOZO replacement back is really outstanding and makes the phone very visually appealing (to me anyway). If I were to use my phone case-free I'd definitely have that one on the phone. I did put it on for a spell --- looking it over. I just thought to myself that I prefer to have a protective case on my phone. Raised lip around the display so I could put the phone display side down (if I wanted) ... protection around the camera and that plastic silver ring around the camera glass.

It seemed silly to me to have that very nice looking MOZO back on the phone just to hide it in a protective case. ......... I suppose I could put the MOZO back on and use the TUDIA for protection ....

............................well OK. That's what I've done. I've put the MOZO back on and got the TUDIA protective case on ... I paid for the darn thing so I might as well just put it on --- ..... why not lol. ... seems silly tho. Guess it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-15-2016 04:25 PM
    The MOZO replacement back is really outstanding and makes the phone very visually appealing (to me anyway). If I were to use my phone case-free I'd definitely have that one on the phone. I did put it on for a spell --- looking it over. I just thought to myself that I prefer to have a protective case on my phone. Raised lip around the display so I could put the phone display side down (if I wanted) ... protection around the camera and that plastic silver ring around the camera glass.

It seemed silly to me to have that very nice looking MOZO back on the phone just to hide it in a protective case. ......... I suppose I could put the MOZO back on and use the TUDIA for protection ....

............................well OK. That's what I've done. I've put the MOZO back on and got the TUDIA protective case on ... I paid for the darn thing so I might as well just put it on --- ..... why not lol. ... seems silly tho. Guess it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.
    Ooh okay. It's all about what works for you though. At least if you can be bothered, you have choices. :)
    mark233 likes this.
    08-15-2016 06:24 PM
69 123