MMS issues with Lumia 950 on T-Mobile - Help?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Woahhhh.... I knew it. Must be when I jinxed you. Throw this back at the face of those stupid B&H people. :( :mad:

And buy direct off of MS, or if you want to be all adventurous risque, from the AT&T folks. Damn. Sorry I made you put all that time into this thing when it didnt even want to blink back at us Libra. :/ :(

Le sigh.

--W

Guess what happened?! My sister sent me an MMS and I recieved it! So then why is it failing when I send it to myself? lol

So maybe your work was not in vain, thanks!

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I used to buy all my camera equipment from them when photography was a big thing for me. So I know what you mean by B&H love. :) And try sending one to her too. Ask pretty sister if she recieves your messages too. :) I'm gonna jump for joy and do a whoopity doop jig if it works. I'm sure of it. :D

-- W

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Ooh you were also into photography? :eek: Wow, you're like a multi-talented person. Photography, this stuff, and I remember your comments in the thread about a Mozo wood cover with a cool design etched into it. Makes me wonder how many other skills/talents you have.

That's a great idea. Thanks to you, I just did that and she got it! I really don't know how to thank you, but I thank you so much for your energy, time, and effort with all of this. You saved me from wanting to throw this into in a wall (I wouldn't, but frustration can take you there quickly, lol). You're a hero!

Now I can finally finish setting up this phone. If everything turns out to be okay, I can always cancel the RMA for a bit, I have a while to do that.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
... seems I'll have to be patient. First thing I'll probably do is insert my SIM, charge, then connect to WDRT? ... *shrugs*

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm like, uh, not very good at dealing with compliments and stuff Libra. So uh, I dont know what to say. But uhm... not much by way of talent, its not really talent, really. Just hobby, and once upon a time too. Once it becomes part and parcel of what you do everyday, passion goes right out the window. I'm kind of fickle and promiscuous like that, so Ive tried my hand at the odd thing or so over time, that pickled my fancy. Wrote a little bit for a while professionally, journalism and all. Stand up. Went to programing school for a while. Ran away from the radio. Yada yada. You get the idea. So more bits and parts, pieces person than a talent or hero person so... uh...yeah. Uhm. I dont know what to say. O_O I is awkward. But, thank you. Very very much Libra. :3 ^~^

Also, uhm... you dont really need to thank me or anything. But if you really want to. You can do it by smiling, and having a good day. For the rest of today. And that would be a big fat, nice, beautiful thank you to me. From you. ^_^ :) And yes, I'm weird. I know. But dont throw your phone at the wall. Instead, find a person you dont like very much. And throw a brick at their face. Usually, a plastic or a lego brick will mean that they cant sue you very much afterwards. And you come out happy too. Winwin. Works for everyone. And all parties involved too. ^~^

And set up the phone, and make sure to run it through its paces, because if there are any issues like the ones you were describing at the start what with the power cycling you want to RMA it out as soon as possible. Guess we can say B&H didnt really fall through this time, as we had imagined. :)

Whew. This was scary hard to write. *Gulps* Water, water! Someone gimmee some water! *Dies*

-- W

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Damn, how much did they go for? That is a lot of good phones to let go. Dont you have emotions Mark? O_O

I have never sold a phone in my life.

-- W

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
...was kinda hard to let the M8 go --- but I've got enough devices. Still have a 925 and 830, 2 Androids and an iPhone 6s. Sold the M8 for $125, $50 for the 735, and $100 for the 830. Still want the upcoming Alcatel Idol Pro 4 and for sure the next Microsoft flagship.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
...here's how I'm imagining setting up the 950 ... I'll open up the box, install battery and SIM, plug into WDRT to get latest firmware, wait most of the day to get all updates/installing/activating yada yada --- phone will burn my desktop during process --- By Sunday it will have cooled down some -- then I'll do a hard reset ....... so I may be ready to use the phone in a week lol.

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I had major sms/mms issues when I first bought an unlocked 950 and tried using it on TMO.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...te-tmobile-anyone-else-noticed-any-fixes.html

As long as you have the internet APN set as fast.tmobile.com everything else should eventually work. The issues I had in the above thread resolved themselves after a couple days of use. I'm guessing it just had something to do with the Tmobile network catching up to my using a technically unsupported device.

Also, I'm sure someone has mentioned this in a previous post but it seems to help if you have the simcard in during the setup process.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
...here's how I'm imagining setting up the 950 ... I'll open up the box, install battery and SIM, plug into WDRT to get latest firmware, wait most of the day to get all updates/installing/activating yada yada --- phone will burn my desktop during process --- By Sunday it will have cooled down some -- then I'll do a hard reset ....... so I may be ready to use the phone in a week lol.

Sounds like you are ready to go \o/ I was surprised to see that this 950 was just one update behind, rather than many behind. It might surprise you.

I had major sms/mms issues when I first bought an unlocked 950 and tried using it on TMO.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/mi...te-tmobile-anyone-else-noticed-any-fixes.html

As long as you have the internet APN set as fast.tmobile.com everything else should eventually work. The issues I had in the above thread resolved themselves after a couple days of use. I'm guessing it just had something to do with the Tmobile network catching up to my using a technically unsupported device.

Also, I'm sure someone has mentioned this in a previous post but it seems to help if you have the simcard in during the setup process.

Thanks for this. I did. Wow, days?! That's serious. I have never had to wait that long, and I have used a decent amount of phones that T-mobile doesn't have, such as the 735, blu win hd lte, 550, and I'm forgetting some for sure. It usually worked after I fixed it.

Just glad that it's working (for you and me), hopefully it will continue to. After this experience, I have no intentions on resetting this phone...unless it's to say goodbye.

Ertonimus

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you are ready to go \o/ I was surprised to see that this 950 was just one update behind, rather than many behind. It might surprise you.

Thanks for this. I did. Wow, days?! That's serious. I have never had to wait that long, and I have used a decent amount of phones that T-mobile doesn't have, such as the 735, blu win hd lte, 550, and I'm forgetting some for sure. It usually worked after I fixed it.

Just glad that it's working (for you and me), hopefully it will continue to. After this experience, I have no intentions on resetting this phone...unless it's to say goodbye.

No prob! And yes, days... I have and do use a bunch of phones on tmobile as well and never had the initial setup issues with texts as I did with the 950. Glad its working for you and hopfully it continues to do so.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Dont count your eggs before they hatch Libra. The inevitable hard reset can strike any of us. At any time. Its like the curse of the gods, hurtled at you at whimsical fancy. Especially a RedStone fancy! But yes, hopefully you dont have to. I have my fingers crossed for that as well. :)

-- W

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Got a couple of phone cases delivered today...a Tudia and an Amzer ... phone with Mozo black case will be here Friday ... gettin' all kinda excited

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss