Microsoft 950 issues (Randomly shutting off, charging inconsistencies)

ninwiito

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I am having some serious issues with my Microsoft 950. MY phone keeps on randomly shutting off when I am using it and the battery charger meter is off. Right before I started writing the post my phone was connected to the charger telling me that my phone was fully charged at 100% and like literally two minutes after I took it off the charger my phone was on 50%. I also always get a notification of my phone telling me that my SD needs to be fixed but whenever I allow it to scan the micro SD card it doesn't really do anything to fix it.

The Nokia lumia 920 was my first smart phone ever and I loved that phone. It was a very stable phone and rock solid phone. I had the phone all the way until 2016 before I upgraded to the 950. The 950 was a nice upgrade but it wasn't as nice as a upgrade I expected it to be. The phone is really buggy and kind of downgraded in a few areas. The first thing I noticed from the start was that the phone didnt have the knock knock feature to wake the phone just by double taping the screen? Like why can't this phone do that? It only works the other way around to put it on stand by. Another problem is that this phone does not work with all of my auxiliary cables and headphones, it only worked with a selected few but the 920 was compatible with all of them. The games I play on this phone runs exactly how it runs on the 920, I see no performance increase what so ever.

The only thing I really like about this phone is the upgraded camera and the USB type-c, sure the Windows 10 OS is nice but it was way to buggy compared to windows phone 8 when I first got my 920 and the app situation hasn't gotten any better. We're losing apps instead of gaining any. (Looking at the snapchat ad)

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a bad battery. Get a replacement for that.

On the SD card front... I've had about 4 SD cards die over the last couple of years. They can still be read but a scan doesn't fix. Nor does putting it into a PC and scanning there. I would try replacing that too.

950 is a solid phone when working...

ninwiito

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I don't know what is up with this phone but things have gotten worse. I got locked out of my phone for two hours for no apparent reason and I am still locked out as I am typing this. I have removed my SD card since and I am still having restarting problems. I also don't know where to look for replacement batteries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos