USB-C to HDMI cable

Johan Ruda

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Hey there peeps!

I've searched the forums but haven't found anything related to my question so here we go:

I am looking for a USB-C to HDMI cable for my Lumia 950. I've tried this cable, but it doesn't work (it didn't say it was for a particular phone back when I ordered it):
New USB3.1 type c MHL cable USB C to HDMI 1080p HDTV Cable for Le phone 1 1S 1pro, 2m or 3m white-in Mobile Phone Cables from Phones & Telecommunications on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

If anyone out there is using a cable like this one that actually works, can you please tell me where you got it?

I would want it to be an actual cable and not an adapter where I then have to use a HDMI cable, so a USB plug in one end and a HDMI in the other.
Today, I'm carrying my Continuum dock with me but it's such a hassle since I don't need anything other than a display connected (it's just for movies).

Thanks in advance!
Johan

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
OK, when a cable mentions MHL, it's actually USB 2 (using only the USB2 compatibility pins on a USB c cable) to use MHL. I actually ordered another one similar to this for the le phone. after the 1st attempt failed, the vendor sent another. so, i chopped up the original and looked up the USB C pinout and realized that the le phones are using USB 2 via USB C (usb c is just a plug, it can be used for USB 2 or 3/3.1)

The 950 (and macbook, chromebook pixl, etc) don't use MHL. So if you see MHL listed on the cable, run away.

i picked up a USB c to HDMI cable at Frys locally for around $20 (it was on sale) and was listed as mac compatible. FRYS.com?|?Innergie
granted, ignore the surface pro 4 from the description....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss