I have a 64GB Samsung Pro card in my phone. It has all my music, a bunch of photos, etc. I can see all the files and read/play them from the file explorer. Groove music sees my music as local music, but the photos app cant see the card, and in settings, storage, it doesn't see the card or give me the option to set default apps, music, photos, etc to the SD Card.
    I tried a coworkers generic 32GB card in my phone and it recognized it and allows me to set defaults to the card, etc...

Anyone else seen this? Is it a brand thing? Format?
    08-24-2016 12:07 PM
    I have a 64GB Samsung Pro card in my phone. It has all my music, a bunch of photos, etc. I can see all the files and read/play them from the file explorer. Groove music sees my music as local music, but the photos app cant see the card, and in settings, storage, it doesn't see the card or give me the option to set default apps, music, photos, etc to the SD Card.
    I tried a coworkers generic 32GB card in my phone and it recognized it and allows me to set defaults to the card, etc...

Anyone else seen this? Is it a brand thing? Format?
    Soft reset, so on reboot phone will make a checkdisk.
    Or, make checkdisk on a notebook sd reader.
    EDIT Many online sold Samsung SD are fakes, Amazon got a how-to-check guide
    08-24-2016 12:26 PM
    Fairly certain this is not a fake. Bought from Amazon (not a seller on Amazon) and it came it typical retail packaging.

I put the card in a reader on my PC and noticed its formatted NTFS. I think I originally used this card on my Surface and used NTFS. I wonder if that is the issue. I'm in the process of copying the contents off, will reformat and try again.
    08-24-2016 01:19 PM
    Yep, reformatted as exFAT32 and now it works as expected. I'm fairly certain this was working as NTFS a while back, but I've changed phones and cards a few times and might be mixed up about that. You would think, MS would prefer NTFS on Windows.
    zombie0 likes this.
    08-24-2016 02:22 PM