Bluetooth stuttering

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Anybody have an issue with like extreme stuttering and pausing when playing Bluetooth and using your phone like switching apps or pretty much doing anything. Any help to fix this would be appreciated

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Anybody have an issue with like extreme stuttering and pausing when playing Bluetooth and using your phone like switching apps or pretty much doing anything. Any help to fix this would be appreciated

is this on redstone 2 builds or anniversary update? Tried with different devices or repairing the devices?

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
This is my second 950 and same problem nah I'm on the anniversary update but I've had this problem from forever on my first 950

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
This is my second 950 and same problem nah I'm on the anniversary update but I've had this problem from forever on my first 950

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

same here. pretty bad stuttering when using bluetooth. sometimes i'll think that the music has been paused and then it'll "catch up"

tried with different devices? And what radios are on including bluetooth? Such as wifi or nfc? I'm having some thoughts

MattLFC

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I get this problem quite often. Recently hard-reset the phone after the phone died following the anniversary update (cheers Microsoft), didn't restore from a backup as I'd had the phone since Dec 3rd, and thought it best to start afresh. Still get the issue unfortunately.

It seems Windows 10 Mobile is not very good at memory management/3GB isn't enough for it (which we know isn't true). It mainly happens when on Edge or multi-tasking a few apps at once, and only after time (after a restart its fine for a while). It seems the old Windows 4 memory leakage (where the old 9x PC's would gradually slow and slow over a period of time until they forced you to restart) issues have made their way back into Windows 10.

Never had these problems on my 710, 610, 620, or 920, WP7 or WP8, so well done Microsoft.

Stocklone

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I had severe issues with Bluetooth stuttering with my Bluetooth speaker and my Lumia 950 at work. Somebody had mentioned some Windows 10 notebooks having Bluetooth audio issues being fixed completely when wifi was turned off. Something to do with interference between the two components. I connected to the speaker with wifi off and it became absolutely perfect. The issue disappeared instantly. Haven't had a single issue since with that speaker. And it would stutter every 10 seconds or so before I fixed it. I don't know if this will help everybody but I just thought I would mention it since it's not obvious to even try turning off your wifi to fix your Bluetooth.

Johan Ruda

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I've had this as well. It's extra bad when taking a picture. The music almost stops completely for a few seconds. It's so annoying that I've stopped using my Bluetooth headphones :/

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I know this is unrelated but didn't want to open a new topic. I can't get cortana to read my text messages through bluetooth. I can ask questions to cortana, like tell me a joke and it speaks. I can make a phone call without a problem. I can even dictate an outgoing text message to Cortana. But somehow, when I receive a text message, it asks if it should read it or ignore it. I say read it, and there is silence. I tried multiple restarts and multiple text messages. I have the option on at cortana settings menu.

I have a lumia 950, dual sim, US version (though I suspect it's a canadian version) with the anniversary update. No beta releases of anything on the phone.

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I did more tests, if the phone is locked it does not read at all. But if the screen is on it reads. Also I think internet connection problem affect it.

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Seems to be worst when using apps that's use wifi so im guessing the WiFi might have a part to play what a life cant use wifi while using Bluetooth if I want to actually enjoy music smt

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I have actually turned off Bluetooth on my ATT 950 because it kept causing my wifi to crash. So, now my WiFi connections works. Too bad that I am no longer able to get notifications or use Cortana on my Band 2 and I can no longer use my Bluetooth headphones.

Is this just a problem on the ATT version? Just a problem in the AU? Is there anyone with a 950 that can use wifi and Bluetooth at the same time?

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I do every day. I routinely leave the WiFi range while streaming Groove audio on Bluetooth (all music files are on my OneDrive), at a very predictable point (while driving a vehicle) I get a pause in the Bluetooth for 1-2 seconds, then it resumes. This occurs approximately 30 seconds or so from leaving WiFi range I expect it is transition to Cellular data. I just connected my LG Tones, started listening to Groove, took some pictures and video with ProShot camera app and not a single hesitation or pause....I have NFC on as well.

I usually have my phone in my pocket and do not multi-task while listening to Bluetooth so I am not experiencing what is described. I have had an annoying pausing/clicking using a 635 (ATT) W8, I gave it back and got an HTC One M8 instead. That was a very rythmic tic, a fraction of a second in duration, it drove me mad. LOL

I find the Bluetooth function to be acceptable but very glitchy and not as refined as it was in 8.1. or 7.5 for that matter. A reboot almost always remedies my problems.

As far as not reading texts I have that too, intermittent behavior. Make sure to open Cortana as I have had it act as though I had just activated it and had to sign in and verify my account, then it worked normally.

Last edited:

Gumaro Fuentes Soto

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem, it started after a firmware update in July, before Anniversary update, I will try to install a an old firmware to see if the issue get fixed. Please reply if you have had the issue since july after firmware update.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here - everything was fine until the AU on my 950. Then Bluetooth got very flaky. I've hard reset the phone 4 times now - no resolution. I'm hoping some cumulative updates will resolve.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have this same issue with my Lumia 950. I don't think it's WiFi related for me though because I had it happen on a flight while Flight Mode was on (WiFi was definitely off, Bluetooth was on). In this case it happened every time I turned on the display. If I locked the phone and left the display off then the music would 'catch up' in a few seconds and it would be fine until I turned on the display again.

I also have the problem while using apps, etc. as noted above but it was interesting in this particular case that just turning on the display was enough to cause it. The phone had be completely off as I boarded the flight and then I switched it back on, already in flight mode, turned on WiFi and started playing music through Groove.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I have seen this happen but in a strange way, I was watching a movie via continuum, everything was playing fine and very acceptable viewing on the big screen, my son was viewing a movie, I decided to listen to groove music and sending the music to my Bluetooth headphones, as soon as i switched on Bluetooth continuum began to stutter, switched off Bluetooth and all good, with continuum off Bluetooth is good, my conclusion is that Bluetooth on and WiFi on is causing feedback or interference from 1 of the radios.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I've the same on my 950 *and* my Elite x3. Sometimes there's no problem, other times it just breaks up as if its losing connection. I think its more a W10M issue. Tried on both production builds and RS2, but seems better on RS2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon